Home

TheSinner.net

what the hell happened to the union website!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

what the hell happened to the union website!

Postby Amanda on Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:29 pm

it's so bright! in the words of a friend 'my eyes! they burn!'

[hr][s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
[s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
Amanda

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:33 pm

Who would that be, I wonder? :)

It is horrible- the colour scheme is pretty atrocious. The old one was nice and simple- always the best way to go in websites.

[hr][s]Log Lady: I heard you speaking about Laura Palmer?
Dale Cooper: Yes?
Log Lady: One day my log will have something to say about this. My log saw something that night.
Dale Cooper: Really. What did it see?
Log Lady: Ask it.
[Cooper hesitates]
Log Lady: I thought so. (walks away)
[/s]
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby Plette on Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:39 pm

It does seem to be a little heavy on the primary colours.

[hr]Sola lingua bona est lingua morta.
Sola lingua bona est lingua morta.
Plette

Re:

Postby Anon. on Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:44 pm

My immediate reaction?

ROUF!

And that's as in yack-tastic, not taking in vain the name of the Balaka chappie.
Anon.

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:50 pm

I didn't like the old one, and much prefer it as it is now.

Oh, does anyone know who administers the site? (I wanted to ask them to update a society website address.)

[hr]Karate is a form of marital arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world.

- Dave Barry
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby TheGamesMaster on Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:56 pm

Someone seems to have missed the "what colours to use" course. Black text on a dark blue background is not generally a good idea.

Anyone know who did it?
TheGamesMaster

Re:

Postby KMart Cowgirl on Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:58 pm

Nicola is the site's administrator, best to email her at docomm (i think).
"I got into an arguement with my rice crispies. I distinctly heard 'snap, crackle, fuck you!' I'm not sure which one of them said it, but I heard it and I said, 'well, you can all just sit right there in the milk as far as I'm concerned, until I find out which one of you said it.' Mass Punishment--the idea is to turn them against eachother." -Emily Krueger...my fave Jersey Girl!
KMart Cowgirl

Re:

Postby S.P.I.G on Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:03 pm

I doubt she had anything to do with it though - that would involve her getting off of her arse and out of a pub and into the office to do work that she's paid to do, if this ever happens then someone please call the pope.
S.P.I.G

website

Postby docomm on Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:51 pm

Yep, the Union website is all new and improved. The general consensus was that the old one was bland and dated, so I've redesigned the whole thing - there are a few bits and pieces that still need ironed out, so if you find any problems with links or whatever, please let me know!

Glad some of you like it!
docomm

Postby ever_nocturnal on Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:01 pm

Last edited by ever_nocturnal on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby Mr Melville 1997 on Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:12 pm

[s]docomm wrote on 16:51, 14th Apr 2004:
Yep, the Union website is all new and improved. The general consensus was that the old one was bland and dated, so I've redesigned the whole thing - there are a few bits and pieces that still need ironed out, so if you find any problems with links or whatever, please let me know!

Glad some of you like it!

It's still dated. You guys have me down as current AMH senior student (with my email i might add) which i was - for 2002/3! There have been 2 new committees since then!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Melville 1997

Re:

Postby Intolerant Bastard on Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:15 pm

That was sadly a very personal attack by S.P.I.G. on the Docomm. Perhaps he is one of these people who always gets shat on himself, you know the unfortunate type. There is no need to vent anger on people he does'nt even even know though, and, for that matter, about things that really are not that important.
Intolerant Bastard

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:24 pm

[s]KMart Cowgirl wrote on 15:58, 14th Apr 2004:
Nicola is the site's administrator, best to email her at docomm (i think).

Thanks.

[hr]
Karate is a form of marital arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world.

- Dave Barry
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Postby ever_nocturnal on Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:51 pm

Last edited by ever_nocturnal on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby Explode the web!! on Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:52 pm

like the way you 'net-heads' all get wound up about websites and the design of them. I doubt you have anything to do with being normal, that would involve getting off your computer chair-shaped arses and moving into the realm of the living, if that ever happens somebody call NASA as the reflective glare from your pasty indoor skin might interfere with satilites.
Explode the web!!

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:53 pm

Yup, you really know what you're talking about there.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby Gatty Scumbelina on Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:59 pm

A bit overly primary coloured for my taste, but then again the last one was a bit dull. Suspiciously similar useage of primary colours to the 'Blue Peter' website.
[hr][s]From the Real Life Quotelog: "Have you met our pheasant?"
[/s]
[s][i:2n708yoy]From the Real Life Quotelog: "Have you met our pheasant?"
[/s][/i:2n708yoy]
Gatty Scumbelina

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:23 pm

I prefer the old one. Maybe they should pay a pro a bit to do it? Surely some student could?

[hr]http://www.savetheworld.co.uk - help stuff, win stuff.
Zombie Sheep

Postby ever_nocturnal on Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:32 pm

ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby Laura on Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:12 am

I think the site looks good! I do have a few grievances though. The only problem I have with the layout is the way the recent news are listed (to the right of the POP ad), it is really hard to read them, and they are all jumbled up. It may be beneficial to try and separate them into groups with headings like 'Society News' and 'This Week' and use bullet points to or something to distinguish between them. Also, a lot of the society info is outdated and the links don't work. And finally, I really miss the Your Union -Do Stuff logo. But other than that, great, much needed improvement. Hopefully it will continue to be kept up to date!
Laura

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board