Home

TheSinner.net

Boxing

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Boxing

Postby Chain Mailer on Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:14 pm

Hey, I did post this on the Sports message board but am impatient so will post it here too. Is boxing just for guys or can girls do it too? Also is it a sport which an embarrassingly unfit total novice can do without killing herself in the process or will i just collapse half way through the warm up with a burst blood vessel and clapped out heart?

[hr]Most definitly maybe
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Chain Mailer

Re:

Postby oddly familiar on Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:33 pm

[s]Chain Mailer wrote on 22:14, 14th Apr 2004:
Hey, I did post this on the Sports message board but am impatient so will post it here too. Is boxing just for guys or can girls do it too? Also is it a sport which an embarrassingly unfit total novice can do without killing herself in the process or will i just collapse half way through the warm up with a burst blood vessel and clapped out heart?

[hr]Most definitly maybe

I know for a fact that the boxing club is indeed open to women, I know several who go, or at least used to go. The other part of your question I can't answer because I have never been to boxing, or even seen it happening in the sports hall.
Someone who knows more about it should probably reply but you said you were impatient so I have replied as fast as I can. Also, talking about stuff I dont really know anything about is way more fun than doing this damn lab report. Then again i dont know what the hell I'm talking about with that either, so nevermind.

[hr]
Its alright to say things can only get better,
But you havent lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool and perfect stitches,
Not the kind of jumper that makes you itches, oh no.
saru mo ki kara ochiru
oddly familiar

boxings cool!

Postby dawnski on Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:07 pm

heya, i went last year and the year before that, and i loved it! it doesnt matter how fit u are, just as long as your up 4 it! its quite hard work, but great fun as well! at least it used to be!! i remember doing sprints upa dn down the hill outside new hall in training! nightmare but rewarding! was voted the fittest club in st a's when i was there, definately not for th efaint hearted! Dont worry if uve not got a high fitness level now, u will in no time without even realising it and having a laugh in the process!!
dawnski

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:05 am

We do very easy boxing for an hour on saturdays as part of the judo club. You could come along to that if you are interested.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby G. on Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:25 pm

We do very easy boxing for an hour on saturdays as part of the judo club. You could come along to that if you are interested.
G.

Re:

Postby G. on Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:31 pm

as the "female rep" of the universitys boxing club i can safely say that its most definately open to any girls who want to come along. training is at 7-9pm friday and 11am-1pm sunday, in the au activities room.

you dont need to be that fit if your a beginner, but you do need to be prepared to push yourself a bit.
G.

Return to The Sinner's Main Board