Home

TheSinner.net

iMovies...

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

iMovies...

Postby smallmonkey on Tue May 04, 2004 7:28 pm

OK, how did all you iMovies go?? The big event is next Monday..We were newcomers to the whole thing but it seemed like fun. So on Thursday at 9am we finished editing after starting at about 10pm the night before.
Look out for it - "Rabbits and Shaving-foam". It has rabbits. And Shaving-foam. And ninjas.

Anyone have any disaster stories from their filming?... ours were to numourous to list in this post..

Stuart (part of iTried productions)
smallmonkey

Re:

Postby Rrrr on Tue May 04, 2004 8:17 pm

Add on another post...?
It's not very fun not telling us.
Or amusing.
Or big, or clever!

[hr]Splat!
[b:7vpvjwv1]Splat![/b:7vpvjwv1]
Rrrr

Re:

Postby Pandyboy on Tue May 04, 2004 8:25 pm

Our director deleted all her editing work by accident, just as she was happy with it - thankfully, it was salvaged after 24 hr non-stop work.
Pandyboy

Problems

Postby smallmonkey on Tue May 04, 2004 8:42 pm

ok well when I say they were too numerous too mention in this post, it was more code for I have to write an essay and don't have time..

here are some problems therefore that we had..
one scene called for a "Shaft" character to appear and play some pool, which of course requires an afro.. NO-WHERE in St.Andrews could we find an afro. This scene was therefore filmed in 10mins outside in the rain before editing had to be done. It resulted in throwing my guitar around Kinessburn park..

There was also a scene in which, having shot a bird, it was taken to KFB to be deep fried... would KFB allow us to film? umm no, so basically our film made even less sense..

And just in general the film has no sensical plot, or narrative or like anything. Just a bunch of random stuff happening. Look out for it, its a winner for sure.
smallmonkey

Re:

Postby benedict on Tue May 04, 2004 9:06 pm

'having shot a bird'

you shot a bird for fucking iMovie?
benedict

Re:

Postby smallmonkey on Tue May 04, 2004 9:21 pm

umm yeah, of course, we got a gun out in the middle of Kinnessburn park and started firing away...
smallmonkey

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Wed May 05, 2004 10:57 am

[s]smallmonkey wrote on 22:21, 4th May 2004:
umm yeah, of course, we got a gun out in the middle of Kinnessburn park and started firing away...

That's sick. And probably totally against the iMovie rules, so its quite possible you'll be disqualified anyway. And you were surprised the KFB told you were to go?

*boggles*

[hr]
[s]Log Lady: I heard you speaking about Laura Palmer?
Dale Cooper: Yes?
Log Lady: One day my log will have something to say about this. My log saw something that night.
Dale Cooper: Really. What did it see?
Log Lady: Ask it.
[Cooper hesitates]
Log Lady: I thought so. (walks away)
[/s]
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

imovie crashed

Postby Graham on Wed May 05, 2004 3:45 pm

iMovie crashed after about 2-3 hours of editing and everything was lost (didn't realise it didn't save for you). Was a bit annoyed to say the least. Still....better than a windows machine anyday.

I think they should have given us Final Cut Pro or something as imovie was too limited - no composites etc....

Anyway look out for the film which is a harrowing tale of the advent of golfing loutism in St. Andrews.

;)

Graham.
Graham

Re:

Postby smallmonkey on Wed May 05, 2004 3:56 pm

"That's sick. And probably totally against the iMovie rules, so its quite possible you'll be disqualified anyway. And you were surprised the KFB told you were to go?"

Ok I'm hoping you are just trying to be clever or something, as opposed to having no sense whatsoever of sarcasm... we "shot" a bird.. in that we pointed a plastic gun into the air and then chucked some feathers about..

I will look out for the golfing movie. are people going to the iMovie fest on Monday night? Our film has no chance of winning any awards or being shown, but it'll be fun nonetheless
smallmonkey

Re:

Postby lol on Wed May 05, 2004 4:32 pm

[s]LeopardSkinQueen wrote on 11:57, 5th May 2004:
[s]smallmonkey wrote on 22:21, 4th May 2004:[i]

That's sick. And probably totally against the iMovie rules, so its quite possible you'll be disqualified anyway. And you were surprised the KFB told you were to go?

*boggles*
[/i]

Is sarcasm really so misunderstood these days? What's more that suggestion in the first place was so ludicrous you'd think people would have guessed before throwing a fit that someone had stood in the middle of kinburn park with a gun shooting birds out of tree's. Or do people really think others do that in their day to day life in the middle of St Andrews?
lol

Re:

Postby Ben Hecking on Thu May 06, 2004 10:25 am

Tickets go on sale from tomorrow at the information cottage on North Street (just in front of the Crawford Arts Centre). Price is 3pounds for team members and 5pounds for other people.

In answer to the question/comment about Final Cut Pro - the technology is far too difficult to master in a very short space of time if you haven't used any editing facilities before. iMovie is very easy to use and the focus is on people having fun and doing cool things together, not necessarily producing Oscar winning films.
Ben Hecking

Re:

Postby Steveo on Thu May 06, 2004 10:38 am

The team I was in just decided to get drunk instaead of making a movie.

We still had a team tho, so do we get cheap tickets?

[hr]What a beautiful world this will be .... what a glorious time to be free
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Graham on Thu May 06, 2004 11:06 am

i agree about the final cut pro point, but there were some severe limitations with imovie (such as the lack of composites and split screens) which would have been great. Also the slowdown with imovie aadded about 2 hours to our editing time.

I thought the whole event was really great, well organised and our team had a great time making the movie, especially when we watched the finished version for the first time.

Graham.

ps - anyone know when we find out about which movies get shown?
Graham

Re:

Postby Aureliano on Thu May 06, 2004 11:10 am

[s]Graham wrote on 12:06, 6th May 2004:
ps - anyone know when we find out about which movies get shown?

The shortlisted films won't be revealed until you see them on the screen in Younger Hall come Monday.

You'll just have to wait...
Aureliano

Re:

Postby sabra_girl on Thu May 06, 2004 7:49 pm

That's just cruel...the suspense is killing me! I want to know now dammit!

[hr]"I saw a bird fly its cage, Well its wings could take it anywhere, But I watched as it flew back from where it came..." - Sean Watkins
"There are not very many desires in life which we can actually meet. For instance, 'I want to meet the love of my life'. Probably not today! But 'I want a cup of coffee.' That I can do!" Chris Thile (Nickel Creek)
sabra_girl

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Thu May 06, 2004 8:01 pm

Will the films be put on the internet as last year?

[hr]
'I wish a real rain would come...'
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby loretta on Thu May 06, 2004 8:58 pm

That's just cruel...the suspense is killing me! I want to know now dammit!

I can feel the blood pressure rising steadily darling..Please don't drop dead of a heart attack, I need someone to keep my sanity in the summer!
'The English like eccentrics, they just don't like them living next door.'
loretta

Re:

Postby smallmonkey on Thu May 06, 2004 9:32 pm

We had someone on our team who we think was made up... does she get a cheap ticket?
smallmonkey

Re:

Postby sabra_girl on Thu May 06, 2004 9:40 pm

*breathes slowly and deeply*

[hr]"I saw a bird fly its cage, Well its wings could take it anywhere, But I watched as it flew back from where it came..." - Sean Watkins
"There are not very many desires in life which we can actually meet. For instance, 'I want to meet the love of my life'. Probably not today! But 'I want a cup of coffee.' That I can do!" Chris Thile (Nickel Creek)
sabra_girl

Re:

Postby chocolatefairy on Thu May 06, 2004 9:58 pm

Personally i think that some of the best footage is normally cut out of films....
Is there any way of getting our outtakes back from the imovie people??
Also really looking forward to Monday night... 'Ball dresses'..people do wear black tie to the do don't they??
Apparently our team captain and vice-captain got mistaken for pro's!!
lol as if...when you see rabbits and shaving foam you will see why this is sooo wrong...
chocolatefairy

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board