Home

TheSinner.net

disappearing "Bitchka" thread???

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

disappearing "Bitchka" thread???

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Sat May 08, 2004 11:28 am

Ok, I was just posting a reply on the thread called "Bitchka" and it apparently does not exist. But I know it did, because if I flick the "back" button on my Internet Explorer toolbar, I find it. Where has it gone? Did the Admin consider the content unsuitable? I didn't think it was bad.

[hr]Life is like a used teabag: No matter how hard you try, you can never get much out of it.
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby Elbereth on Sat May 08, 2004 11:40 am

Probably the fact that someone posted some people's address in a threatening context.

[hr][s]O Elbereth! Gilthoniel!
We still remember, we who dwell
In this far land beneath the trees,
Thy starlight on the Western Seas.[/s]
[i:3nf4jj9f][s]O Elbereth! Gilthoniel!
We still remember, we who dwell
In this far land beneath the trees,
Thy starlight on the Western Seas.[/s][/i:3nf4jj9f]
Elbereth

Postby ever_nocturnal on Sat May 08, 2004 12:01 pm

Last edited by ever_nocturnal on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ever_nocturnal

This is dreadful

Postby hmm on Sat May 08, 2004 12:33 pm

The bloody moderator is so sensitive. Do they have to over-moderate everything?
hmm

Re:

Postby Tipperary on Sat May 08, 2004 12:35 pm

social leprosy? ahem. you might wanna think who is the social retard here. you deal with a social problem by whining on a message board instead of actually talking face to face with people you have the problem with. yes talking. two way conversation which involves listening and understanding. in case you didnt realise, keeping people awake at 4 in the morning and making physical threats indicates someone who is rather inept at living a social life.
Tipperary

Re:

Postby blondie on Sat May 08, 2004 12:35 pm

It's cos we know Gatty parties are far superior to any others in St Andrews, and thus the details have to be kept hush-hush. (Oops...)
blondie

Re:

Postby Wong on Sat May 08, 2004 1:11 pm

The thread was removed because someone's address had been posted.

[hr]You would not feel sadness if you never tasted joy
That's the curse of humans - born in passion, you destroy
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby RaphX on Sat May 08, 2004 2:03 pm

Is the starter of the original thread being dealt with in any way? I think the conduct I have heard about this past few hours is nothing short of unacceptable.
RaphX

Re:

Postby kermit the frog on Sat May 08, 2004 2:22 pm

Everyone knows that Gatty is for the dregs of st andrews society. All the social cripples are put there so they can be away from the main population in the centre of town. Just go down there and take a look around!
kermit the frog

Re:

Postby Anon. on Sat May 08, 2004 2:27 pm

[s]Wong wrote on 14:11, 8th May 2004:

Surely the answer to that is to edit out the address. It really annoys me when things are just removed like that.
Anon.

Re:

Postby ever_nocturnal on Sat May 08, 2004 2:58 pm

Last edited by ever_nocturnal on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby ever_nocturnal on Sat May 08, 2004 2:59 pm

Last edited by ever_nocturnal on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ever_nocturnal

A repost to this:

Postby Iain on Sat May 08, 2004 3:31 pm

Posted by kermit the frog at 15:22, Today

Everyone knows that Gatty is for the dregs of st andrews society. All the social cripples are put there so they can be away from the main population in the centre of town. Just go down there and take a look around!

-----------------------------------

How dare such a comment appear like this. It is offensive, snobbish, discriminatory and downright wrong.
I don't care whether or not this is in jest. I agree Gatty is a terrible place but that is no excuse to go and take a cheap shot at the people living there. Anyone going to back me up on this one?
Unwind: touch the brine; Take some bread: break some wine
I can see the water line; Red below the Lewis sun
Iain

Re:

Postby benedict on Sat May 08, 2004 3:40 pm

i took it as a joke

note the tongue out in the original post
benedict

Re:

Postby tordenskjold on Sat May 08, 2004 3:41 pm

What is wrong with people today? Everyone seems to be getting incredibly heated over very minor things. In the end people should show consideration to others when having parties and not whine about being broken up if they ignore their neighbours. We had the police come to a BBQ yesterday because they had received a complaint from a resident on Howard Place about the noise (someone was shouting). Really the police have better things to do but they have to respond to these calls. On the other hand we should probably have made less noise and we took it with good grace. A grace that seems to be lacking on this thread today. I can only hope this is all coming out due to the proximity of exams and the end of year. Chill out, drink, be merry and don't forget to play nice and behave like a fully functioning member of society who can show consideration for other people around them.
Kæmp for alt hvad du har kært,
Dø om så det gælder.
Da er livet ej så svært,
Døden ikke heller.
tordenskjold

Postby ever_nocturnal on Sat May 08, 2004 3:43 pm

Last edited by ever_nocturnal on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Sat May 08, 2004 3:47 pm

[s]tordenskjold wrote on 16:41, 8th May 2004:
Really the police have better things to do but they have to respond to these calls.

Don't bet on it. I once saw a large police van full of officers pull over a car in Market South Street because the driver was playing his car radio rather loud. The police here have nothing better to do. That's why so many of them stomp up and down the place so much. I reckon we've got 1 police officer for ever 2 residents here in St Andrews.

[hr]Life is like a used teabag: No matter how hard you try, you can never get much out of it.
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby hmm? on Sat May 08, 2004 4:21 pm

[s]Wong wrote on 14:11, 8th May 2004:

But couldn't they just have removed the post that contained the address rather than the whole thread? Not that I'm particularly bothered, heh, just curious.
hmm?

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat May 08, 2004 4:22 pm

[s]Anon. wrote on 15:27, 8th May 2004:
It really annoys me when things are just removed like that.

So it must be bad, wrong and evil then!

Re:

Postby heh on Sat May 08, 2004 4:22 pm

[s]Iain wrote on 16:31, 8th May 2004:
Posted by kermit the frog at 15:22, Today

-----------------------------------

How dare such a comment appear like this. It is offensive, snobbish, discriminatory and downright wrong.
I don't care whether or not this is in jest. I agree Gatty is a terrible place but that is no excuse to go and take a cheap shot at the people living there. Anyone going to back me up on this one?

From the way the original post was written it looks like it wasn't exactly meant to be serious and was perhaps going some way to lighten up the thread, or looking for a distraction.

Take everything with a pinch of salt - it's not really wise to get worked up about little comments on an internet forum, especially if you don't know the person and don't know how they meant it.

Course, they could have just been looking for an argument in which case you completely fell for it!
heh

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board