Home

TheSinner.net

I just can't get songs outta ma head

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

I just can't get songs outta ma head

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Thu May 13, 2004 3:03 pm

Aaargh! Once again as I try to study, I find myself with irritating songs getting stuck in my head like jammed record, repeating over and over again, making it bloody difficult to take in what I'm reading. This time for me it seems to be Maroon 5 "This love". Nice song and all, but GOD! I can't bare it playing in my head all the time when I'm trying to study. At the January exams, it was Kelis "Milkshake" It so often is the really anoying songs I don't even like. I sometimes find it handy to have a fast bouncy song to have in my head when at an exam as I tend to write faster to keep with the beat, as opposed to a slow song, which seems to slow me down too.

Does anybody else get songs stuck in their head, particularly at inconvenient times like when trying to study?

[hr]"I would lay down my life for at least 2 brothers, or 8 first cousins"
-Haldane
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby Haunted on Thu May 13, 2004 3:19 pm

I think everyone does,
I find that the best thing to do is to go listen to the song and pay particular attention to how it ends and thus bring it to and end in your head. Failing that try sleep
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby Kegrad on Thu May 13, 2004 3:49 pm

[s]dunqn wrote on 16:24, 13th May 2004:
This week it's Return to Innocence by Enigma (erk, not cool)

But its such a good song! You should try listening to some of their other songs instead then!
Kegrad

Re:

Postby Yemminie on Thu May 13, 2004 4:43 pm

Sometimes I find that I have a word or phrase and not a song stuck in my head. I'll just keep thinking it over and over again, sometimes with a bit of a rhythem, sometimes not. Does this happen to anyone else? Or am I just weird? :)
Yemminie

Re:

Postby Slash wannabe on Thu May 13, 2004 4:54 pm

A while ago it was James' "laid". Couldnt stop singing it.

"This bed is on fire.."

[hr]IMAGE:www.queensofthestoneage.com/images/logo_qotsa.gif
IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/slashlogo.gif
[i:3tscad2j]One step from lashing out at you again[/i:3tscad2j]
Slash wannabe

Re:

Postby Precious on Thu May 13, 2004 9:00 pm

I have my least favourite song ever stuck in my head at the moment - Can't Fight the Moonlight by LeAnn Rimes. God knows why that song has attached itself to my brain - I haven't heard it in ages.

[hr]Teeth! Teeth, my preciousss, but we has only six!
Teeth! Teeth, my preciousss, but we has only six!
Precious

Re:

Postby Chain Mailer on Fri May 14, 2004 10:00 am

For some reason I had the Winnie the Pooh song from the cartoons stuck in my head (dont ask how! I have no idea!) Though it was a very nostalgic experience it took all of my monotonus euphoria music to drone it out!

[hr]
It's not me! Why does everyone always think its personnal!
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Chain Mailer

Re:

Postby Rufus on Sat May 15, 2004 4:34 pm

I've been going round singing 'That's amore' for the past, uhm, month...and almost had my throat ripped out as a result.

Internally though I'm constantly singing The Stranglers' 'No more heroes'
it's a disturbing mix.
Rufus

Re:

Postby smallmonkey on Sat May 15, 2004 11:20 pm

I can't get the laughable streets song out my head... i think you are really fit, but my gosh, don't you know it...
its hilariously funny, but just so bad...

i've been going round saying "yes yes oh yay"

help
smallmonkey

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Sun May 16, 2004 7:22 am

Dear God, it's got worse. Yesterday, thanks to a certain MTV channel, I got stuck with Girls Aloud "No Good Advice" in my head all day. Aargh! The torture!

-Haldane
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby Sleigh on Sun May 16, 2004 8:57 am

I've been looking over series and sequences and trying to find limits for them. One time I found that there was no limit. Cue 2 Unlimited running through my head all day.

[hr]Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.
Sleigh

Re:

Postby helen b on Sun May 16, 2004 10:43 am

Stacey's Mom by fountains of Wayne - dirty little pervert boy! Oh and Air Hostess by busted - hear it once and its stuck in my head for hours! Damn the jukebox in the raisin!!
helen b

Re:

Postby Oli on Sun May 16, 2004 9:01 pm

I often get songs stuck in my head when I'm hungover. Usually only about a line or two, and it's always a song that I either can't stand, or I don't know all the words.

I've also found that this happens when I've been working in the garden.

Perhaps it's something to do with dehydration, so my advice would be to drink plenty of water (which is said to increase concentration anyway)
Oli

Re:

Postby Chain Mailer on Sun May 16, 2004 10:11 pm

Damn that streets one! I hate it but it always gets stuck in there! I've had the new Avril song in my head for a while which isnt as bad, thank gods!

[hr]
It's not me! Why does everyone always think its personnal!
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Chain Mailer

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Mon May 17, 2004 12:48 pm

Today I had the new Christina Millian song stuck in my head during my exam.

Blumming annoying same few lines going round in my head...."dip it low, pick it up slow, rolling all around"....blah blah don't know the lines after that!

Bah....hope it doesn't happen again during tomorrows exam - I thought I was gona go insane....:s
harmless loony

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Mon May 17, 2004 1:09 pm

Well, I though it couldn't get any worse than Girls Aloud, but it did. I sat an exam this morning, and anticipating a bad song getting stuck, I deliberately played Dido "take me home" several times on my CD player 1st thing this morning thinking that would be an ok song to get stuck with. But no. When I got into the exam I got a song stuck which will only be known to people with MTV2 which means probably only New Hall folk. That awful club track with the video of a girl eating furniture. Can you imagine having a more horrific song stuck in your head for 3 hours while trying to write garbage about assessing biodiversity and conservation? Eeek!

-Haldane
Happy-Go-Lucky

furniure

Postby Guest on Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:48 am

[s]Happy-Go-Lucky wrote on 14:09, 17th May 2004:
Well, I though it couldn't get any worse than Girls Aloud, but it did. I sat an exam this morning, and anticipating a bad song getting stuck, I deliberately played Dido "take me home" several times on my CD player 1st thing this morning thinking that would be an ok song to get stuck with. But no. When I got into the exam I got a song stuck which will only be known to people with MTV2 which means probably only New Hall folk. That awful club track with the video of a girl eating furniture. Can you imagine having a more horrific song stuck in your head for 3 hours while trying to write garbage about assessing biodiversity and conservation? Eeek!

-Haldane

furniture

Postby Guest on Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:48 am

[s]Happy-Go-Lucky wrote on 14:09, 17th May 2004:

-Haldane

Re:

Postby Ashley on Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:29 pm

I've always thought that when studying, if a song does keep repeating then its a sign my brain was working. Or something. Last May, the last time I was working hardest, it was Incubus' "Are You In", which was kinda cool.

[hr]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day
[i:1zn3ute4]Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day[/i:1zn3ute4]
Ashley

Re:

Postby oddly familiar on Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:07 pm

Damn you. Cos of the title of this thread I've now got Kylie stuck in my head. Talk about annoying....

[hr]And the last one out of the circus has to lock up everything,
Or the elephants will get out and forget you.
saru mo ki kara ochiru
oddly familiar

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board