Home

TheSinner.net

Leaving Date 29th of May: 'There is no Leeway'

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Leaving Date 29th of May: 'There is no Leeway'

Postby Stormy on Wed May 19, 2004 3:49 pm

There is no lee way? Has anybody experienced what happens after the 29th of May,in the quiet depths of New hall? Are you eaten alove by cockroaches or do they university security guys foist all our stuff onto the pavement and man handle you out onto the street corner? Do they give you a cardboard box?! I'm just wondering, cos i'm not sure i'm going to be able to get a flight til after this date...er, left it all a bit late!
Stormy

Re:

Postby Pandora on Wed May 19, 2004 4:14 pm

You should probably ask at reception. Try and see if you can get a flight for earlier. They might let you stay on but you will probably have to pay. New Hall opens its doors as a B and B during the summer so you might have some problems. You could leave your stuff in storage in New hall for a day or two, get a B and B in town and then come and get it on the way to the airport.
Pandora

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed May 19, 2004 4:38 pm

Yeah, the uni can prob get you accomodation, but go see accomodation services not the front desk. They will sort you out with a room for a cost.

[hr]Management: The art of writing like you know what you're talking about and making others believe it.

(munchingfoo comprehensive dictionary)

My website:
http://aa.domaindlx.com/munchingfoo/
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Wed May 19, 2004 4:49 pm

I am furious. Not because of the kick out time, no exceptions thing. That doesn't bother me as I'll be gone before then. However, a couple of weeks ago I asked at reception if there is a policy so I can keep my bike in the bike shed over summer as I'm coming back to New Hall, and I was assured that I could. However, after seeing the information sheet today, it says that over seas students are the only ones allowed. So I asked at reception to see if I could get a tag early, incase it was a problem, and the lady said she was waiting to recieve the list of students "entitled" to a bike shed place. Does this mean that I won't be allowed afterall, even though I asked especially and was told definately that I could? I am going to raise hell if this is the case. I hate that warden Evil Sandra sooooo much. She is like the living bitchy version of that chemistry teacher of "Chewin the Fat". Ugh, I hate her! She once gave me a bollucking for keeping my bike in my room while I was away over the easter holiday because it was a "fire hazard". For God sake. I hate the policies here. Why do I keep coming back? I also got a letter of warning once because I turned my bed round 90 degrees so that I could actually open my wardrobe. and what was the reason? "The lay out of the rooms have been specially planned for safety". What did they think I was going to do? Trip up and impale myself on the mattress? It's more dangerous as it is, my way was much better. AAAAAARGH!!! Big rant. Lot's of bottled up energy. Sat my second exam today and still high on the adrenaline.

[hr]"I would lay down my life for at least 2 brothers, or 8 first cousins"
-Haldane
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby Rex Mundi on Wed May 19, 2004 4:57 pm

[s]Happy-Go-Lucky wrote on 17:49, 19th May 2004:
She once gave me a bollucking for keeping my bike in my room while I was away over the easter holiday because it was a "fire hazard". For God sake. I hate the policies here. Why do I keep coming back? I also got a letter of warning once because I turned my bed round 90 degrees so that I could actually open my wardrobe. and what was the reason? "The lay out of the rooms have been specially planned for safety". What did they think I was going to do? Trip up and impale myself on the mattress? It's more dangerous as it is, my way was much better.

lol She sounds like a complete nutbag.
Rex Mundi

Another New Hall appreciation thread eh?

Postby harmless loony on Wed May 19, 2004 5:02 pm

The woman happy-go-lucky was referring to is the head of housekeeping. Never ever seen smiling, almost always seen having a cuppa in the New Hall cafe or bollocking some poor unsuspecting student for something stupid!

I had permission to move my furniture so I had enough room to be able to pray in the direction of Mecca. But despite this she insisted it was "not a valid excuse."

New Hall managers...you gotta love em!
harmless loony

Re:

Postby iohannes on Wed May 19, 2004 5:10 pm

And remember you are paying a lot for the privilege of living there. Gannochy isn't so bad, but there is a tendency to treat us a bit like naughty little children.

I missed the happy go lucky (no joke intended) days of my first 2 years in DRH. I regularly changed my room layout without them even caring. Oh, halcyon days. *sigh*

[hr]http://www.crumble.org
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
iohannes

Re:

Postby barbarellapants on Wed May 19, 2004 5:15 pm

Yeh, I'm in DRA and they don't care as long as we move it back before we leave.
barbarellapants

Return to The Sinner's Main Board