Home

TheSinner.net

Life destroying procrastination

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Wed May 26, 2004 8:54 pm

Thanks to Kibet - his advice has actually mislead me a bit but now it's all going super.

7... hmm.

[hr]Ah, I hate how nothing changes. Such a peaceful Earth should just collapse...
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Rachy on Wed May 26, 2004 9:06 pm

please help me someone, im incapable of doing number 6 alone! i think i have maybe 8 letters but i cant work the other ones out, Ive been trying this for hours, so please put me out of my misery!!
Rachy

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Wed May 26, 2004 9:15 pm

Once you get the first 7, the last are guessable ;)

[hr]Ah, I hate how nothing changes. Such a peaceful Earth should just collapse...
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Rachy on Wed May 26, 2004 9:18 pm

Well i clearly don't have the right letters then!! is the name we are meant to find a real person or not?
Rachy

Re:

Postby tenacious e on Wed May 26, 2004 10:41 pm

rachy, the first 7 letters of 6 are guessable and the last four letters feature in a recent disney movie... hope that helps.

Any hints on 7?
Red: Makin' yourself some friends, Andy.
Andy Dufresne: I wouldn't say "friends". I'm a convicted murderer who provides sound financial planning.
- Shawshank Redemption
tenacious e

Re:

Postby 123 on Thu May 27, 2004 12:05 am

hint on nr 7 please going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:

Postby Kibet on Thu May 27, 2004 6:27 am

7. the clue is in the title, read the title and see how you can apply it.

bigger clue you need 4 letters to make up a word.
Kibet

Re:

Postby Wong on Thu May 27, 2004 7:54 am

I just can't see how to possibly get any letters out of 7.

[hr]You would not feel sadness if you never tasted joy
That's the curse of humans - born in passion, you destroy
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby Kibet on Thu May 27, 2004 1:01 pm

i will see about posting a hint in my lj later on for 7 as i don't want to spoil it for anyone by mistake.

the title though is "same old things" and that is the clue to get you started.
Kibet

Re:

Postby tenacious e on Thu May 27, 2004 5:46 pm

puzzle 7... thought I'd assign letters to each shape and colour... not much success yet but am i on the right lines?

[hr]
Andy Dufresne: I wouldn't say "friends". I'm a convicted murderer who provides sound financial planning.
- Shawshank Redemption
- Shawshank Redemption
tenacious e

Re:

Postby Pussycat on Thu May 27, 2004 6:03 pm

A clue for 7 is to look for the subtle difference if you haven't seen it already. Then do what the question says and look at the same things...

If anyone could leave a clue for 8 I'd be grateful - I know how to work it out but I can't find out how to do it exactly. That is, I know the system to use but I can't get anything out of it.
Pussycat

Re:

Postby Miz Manda on Thu May 27, 2004 6:48 pm

Aargh!! Can someone please help me with Question 4? It's actually driving me insane.
Miz Manda

Re:

Postby Kibet on Thu May 27, 2004 7:49 pm

8. this is a nasty one which i never liked. you need google to find out what these numbers represent. big hint "your in a library, so what do you think the numbers refer too

still stuck on 16 if anyone has gone past it
Kibet

Re:

Postby Wong on Thu May 27, 2004 7:51 pm

I loved number 8. Once you get the answer it makes you feel as clever as anything.

(Although that could be applied to any of these puzzles, and that was the first one that I did manage to get. :( )

Wong

Re:

Postby Pussycat on Thu May 27, 2004 9:00 pm

[s]Kibet wrote on 20:49, 27th May 2004:
8. this is a nasty one which i never liked. you need google to find out what these numbers represent. big hint "your in a library, so what do you think the numbers refer too

Yeah, I know what the numbers refer to, I just can't find it on google to work it out properly, I can only get the first bit and then I can't find any more :/

Unless I'm barking up the wrong tree, I can't really explain without giving away stuff to anyone else who doesn't want to know! I know the systme but I can't find where to look it up properly.
Pussycat

Re:

Postby Wong on Thu May 27, 2004 9:11 pm

I think you have got it, pussycat. I can't give what I used either, because that would give it away... hmm.

Wong

Re:

Postby Pussycat on Thu May 27, 2004 9:22 pm

Yay, I got it :) I was trying to be too complicated. This game is torture though, the elation you get when you get one right tempts you to do the next one despite the inevitable pain and frustation.
Pussycat

Re:

Postby surfingsimon on Thu May 27, 2004 11:59 pm

would someone kindly post the Q4 answer as its just pissing me off - i have roughly figured out what to do but cant be bothered - or did none of you actually manage it?!?
surfingsimon

Question 1.14

Postby Pam on Fri May 28, 2004 2:45 pm

Hey, I'm totally stuck on question 14. Anyone have any clue how to make the hexagon? Nothing that I have read about it is even remotely helpful!

AAAAHHHHH! The donkey is wasting away my life!
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is definately not for you!
Pam

Re:

Postby Kibet on Fri May 28, 2004 3:21 pm

4. look at the clues left by other people surfing simon, Wong's image helps alot.

14. look at the three directions, you are allowed one move in each direction and they must be done in the correct order. this took me a while to work out. try first of all bringing in an outer triangle into the main bulk.

when you get past 16 pam give us a clue for it as i am still baffled by it.
Kibet

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board