Home

TheSinner.net

Euro 2004

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Euro 2004

Postby richey on Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:31 pm

So guys and gurls....who do you think has the best chance of winning Euro 2004? I think England will do well, but not well enough. Any thoughts?
richey

GO GREECE!!!

Postby Valen_gr on Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:53 pm

WOOO WE WON!!!
Portugal - Greece : 1 - 2

heh, im not saying were gona win it lol, just saying im happy my national team beat portugal of the mighty figo and his gang ^^

[hr]Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe....
[i:3qoywpzu]Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe....[/i:3qoywpzu]
Valen_gr

Re:

Postby The Famous Philosopher on Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:40 pm

It has to be Italy or France to win. No one else is both good enough and consistent enough. Whilst some one such as Spain are a really good team, they always fall apart in major competitions and consistent nations such as the Germans are rank rotten at the moment. Saying that the Germans were World Cup finalists last time round.

I think the Czechs could be a good outside bet though.

[hr]Never buy a midget with learning difficulties, It's not big and it's not clever
The Famous Philosopher

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:18 pm

germany or france in my opinion. i hope england lose horribly. i really hope italy don't win as they are soo boring to watch and they cheat more than Porto.
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby iohannes on Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:03 pm

Germany or France. I hope England do well, and I am glad that godawful shower of useless bastards, Scotland, aren't in the competition.

[hr]That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
iohannes

Re:

Postby spewie on Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:15 pm

I personally will enjoy watching England being chastised by the French team later on. As for now I am enjoying the last few hours of the England build-up, hopefully a 3 - 1 defeat by France should quieten them down a bit.

I predict a few arrests tonight aswell in Portugal. If the English fans continue to act like unleashed psychopaths then they should be prepared to face the consequences. The sooner they are out of the competition the better.
[s]you can have it all if you want to[/s]
spewie

Re:

Postby Iain on Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:19 pm

iohannes, be ashamed! Scotland, when they have made it to a major championship, bit part players though they usually become, at least are passionate (c.f. the Dutch who are all ego and no grit), and bring along a set of fans internationally renowned. I think "god-awful shower of useless bastards" is just going a bit too far for sensitive Scottish ears, thank you very much.

Should note I don't think they deserved to qualify, but I'd put it down to management and not the players. Introduction of the current team (Mackay, Fletcher, Quashie etc) and the new passing style would have seen them through a lot better. That's down to Vogts and Burns.

Good luck to Latvia, the substitute for rank outsiders!
Unwind: touch the brine; Take some bread: break some wine
I can see the water line; Red below the Lewis sun
Iain

Re:

Postby spewie on Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:38 pm

IMAGE:www.links-property.co.uk/images/links/go_france.gif

Ma grand-mère joue mieux que Beckham!
spewie

Re:

Postby spewie on Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:37 pm

oh yes!

2 - 1

mines a double!
spewie

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:38 pm

...and to think we were all led to believe winning the tournament would be a mere formality by half time
..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Fantasy Football

Postby Paranoid on Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:43 pm

thats got to top it all off for me, I'm not too sure if it was deliberate (probably not) but that wee advert there saying 'we won so come join us after the post match analysis' hilarious!
Paranoid

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:49 pm

correction...of course it was deliberate (just had too many beers!!)

[hr]..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:17 pm

While I care little for football - bottling it in the last 3 minutes is quite amusing.

[hr]Ah, I hate how nothing changes. Such a peaceful Earth should just collapse...
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:21 pm

I was watching the match, and i was watching Zidane's free kick, but i never saw it go in. It just travelled from his boot to the net without moving through the air in between. a good goal.

[hr]
I will diminish, and go into fourth year, and remain Cain
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby spewie on Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:31 pm

IMAGE:img26.imageshack.us/img26/8044/beckham.jpg
spewie

Re:

Postby KateBush on Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:42 pm

[s]spewie wrote on 21:37, 13th Jun 2004:
oh yes!

2 - 1

mines a double!

Hear hear, Spewie my friend! can't TELL you how muxh those Minglish people have been PISSING ME OFF down here with their stupid minglish flags sticking to the rooves of their cars. EEJITS! I hope they lose lose LOSE altogether
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:17 pm

Wasn't that a classic from Zidane - does nothing for 90 minutes and then a moment of genius with the free kick! I liked the outcome, it made up for hearing the English fans singing 'are you Scotland in disguise' during the game!!!

[hr]http://www.savetheworld.co.uk - help stuff, win stuff.
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby iohannes on Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:55 pm

Iain, I was merely pointing out the childishness of hating England because being Scottish you haven't got a decent enough team to actually make the tournament. So, yes, let's all bash England. Ignoring the fact for the moment that - with the exception of commentators - no English fans actually think England will win the competition. If you listen to most of them, and I am talking about the sensible ones rather than the Nazi facist thugs which ALL true English fans hate. If you listen to most English fans they say things a long the lines of "England have the potential to win, but they will fuck it up." See tonight. We put a useless, pathetic donkey like Emile Heskey on for the talented Wayne Rooney and he gives away a stupid free kick. Kudos to France, but they didn't play to their full ability and nor did England. Both camps will come away from that an say "We could do better." After all France scored 2 goals from set pieces and Henry was useless. It was not a good game, but all this Scottish hatred against the England football team is the most pathetic childish and saddest thing I have ever had to listen to. Face up to the fact that England is NOT to blame for all your problems.

[hr]That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
iohannes

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:58 pm

When it comes to hating the England team because of a minority of thir fans, who cares? Go into any major Scottish city at night and you'll see hundreds of neds whom I'd happily shoot - the fact that the English neds at least have enough money to travel abroad to make trouble outside of this country shoudn't really be a reason to hate the footballing heritage of the entire nation, should it?

[hr]"And all the people rejoiced, and said: 'God save the King! Long live the King! ...May the King live forever!'" - Handel, 'Zadok the Priest'
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby The Famous Philosopher on Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:12 am

You don't get it do you?

I doubt many Scottish folk actually hate English people, what really winds us up is your bloody media. Half time in the game today and they(Venebles and co) thought Euro 2004 was already won. The arrogance of the media down south is what makes us enjoy your failure so much.

Our team is pish and we know that, do we care? No. But, we aren't obsessed with blowing our own trumpet then(constantly) fail to deliver the goods. We had a 1-0 lead over Holland in the Euro play-offs, we still didn't expect to qualify, and we had proven that we could beat our opposition.

Anyway, why should we support England? Do Arsenal fans support Chelsea when they get knocked out cup competitions? Do Rangers fans support Celtic? No, so why should Scotland?

[hr]Never buy a midget with learning difficulties, It's not big and it's not clever
The Famous Philosopher

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board