Home

TheSinner.net

Graduation - Has this happened to anyone else?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Graduation - Has this happened to anyone else?

Postby General Porkov on Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:20 am

Has this happened to anyone here who is graduating this week?

In March, I paid the graduation fee of £43 by international remittance (costing about 15,000 Yen or £75 including bank charges), as I am graduating in absentia (due to me being in Japan!). Then, on March 24th, the Cash Office sent me an e-mail informing me that the University had received the payment. So, I thought 'Good, that's that sorted. Now wait until June for the degree certificate'.

Then, this Monday, I received a letter from the University saying that I hadn't paid the graduation fee. I thought 'Rubbish!', as I had definitely paid that fee 3 months ago. I have proof that it was paid in the form of the original remittance form and an e-mail from Cash office saying that it was paid!!!

I don't think it's very nice to get sent a letter claiming non-payment of a one-off fee that you have already paid ages ago.

So, I contacted the University about the letter and told them that it was incorrect, as I had paid. Then, I get told that there was a problem with their records of who has paid (or not). Finally, the advice was that the letter was probably sent in error due to this glitch in their system and that I could ignore it! I also got told that those graudating in absentia get their certificates about 2 weeks after graduation.

Hopefully, I will get my PhD certificate next month. If not, someone will have some explaining to do.

Am I the only person that this has happened to or have other people got similar letters???

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Kamibuta (Divine Pig Lord)
Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Return to The Sinner's Main Board