Home

TheSinner.net

What happens with graduate members

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

What happens with graduate members

Postby General Porkov on Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:34 am

Question:
People who are members of the Sinner are supposed to be students of the University of St Andrews. I graduated in absentia in the June ceremonies, so I am no longer a University student and my University e-mail account will come to an end very soon as well.

What happens with graduate members? Are they still allowed to post/ participate in the Sinner's fora or do they have to leave?

If graduates are allowed to continue to participate, they don't (usually) have University e-mail accounts anymore, so what happens there? [where would PM's go?]

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov PhD
End of Doom Crusade Japan coming soon!
Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Sleigh on Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:16 pm

Just change your email address to one that isn't your university one as I just did. I suppose it means you'll be unable to get a new account if you behave like an arse and get banned but why bother doing that if you haven't already?

[hr]Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.
Sleigh

Re:

Postby Admin on Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:01 am

Your St Andrews email account is only used to authenticate your account.

After you've created an account, you can log in, go to the Account Settings page (link in top right), then change your password, email, signature and exit page.

So graduates can still participate in The Sinner AND receive emails through the system.
Admin

Return to The Sinner's Main Board