Home

TheSinner.net

Mrs Ross

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby jenniferloveschewits on Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:20 am

Just so you know, Mrs. Ross has been here all summer, harassing the overseas schoolkids who've been around St. A's. She even has signs written in Italian and Spanish. Now that's dedication.

She also told me 'Jesus would've saved you...', which troubled me for at least a week.
jenniferloveschewits

Re:

Postby Scunthorpe on Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:43 pm

There's a greyish one? Dear Lord, the Baptists are multiplying.

[hr]The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
Scunthorpe

Re:

Postby wyrd on Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:54 am

Baptists? Aren't Mrs Ross & co Brethern (even scarier denomination who actually go along with the whole women having to cover their hair in church - which they call something else for some reason - thing from Paul's letters)? Only a couple of years ago I once persuaded Mrs Ross to go away and leave my flat alone on the grounds that I might be 'saved' already because I'd once gone to a Brethern youth group (before buying lots of Metallica albums, cutting my hair shorter and dying it various colours, being president of the now defunct atheism and freethought society, and getting quite as drunk as I did in the Cathouse tonight, of course, but I didn't tell her any of that. Particularly the stuff about tonight as it happened fairly recently, although I thought I kept the atheism stuff pretty quiet at the time considering...)
wyrd

Re:

Postby Scunthorpe on Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:45 am

God alone knows, let there be a thousand voices etc. The Cathouse eh? I've been meaning to toddle along there for ages... See you tommorrow.

[hr]The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
Scunthorpe

Re:

Postby TheMadBear on Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:46 pm

I've been going to the cathouse too, all summer in fact (well apart from when I fucked my knee up).

Much fun and bouncing.

Still miss RockSoc for some reason.
TheMadBear

Mrs Ross - historical...

Postby Andy Anthrax on Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:34 pm

Holy crap, is she still going? I started in 1988 and she was a regular feature then (mind you, I went to school in St Andrews, and she'd hang around outside Madras College, which would get a few dodgy looks these days, eh?) - always cheerily telling you you were a filthy sinner, but you could be saved with a little restorative praying.

I always rather liked her. I think some of the rocsoc guys I knew used to try to talk her around to Satan, but she's steadfast, the ol' bucket.

Nice to know she's still there.

And on the topic of characters, is the south street singer still around? IS this shouty man? Does he waltz and stagger around anywhere on south street, greeting you in a friendly manner before belting out something you'd hear at a drunken Edinburgh wedding?
Andy Anthrax

Re:

Postby immunodiffusion on Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:43 pm

[s]wyrd wrote on 05:54, 13th Sep 2002:
Baptists? Aren't Mrs Ross & co Brethern

I understand that Mrs Ross is actually a member of the Gospel Hall.
immunodiffusion

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board