Home

TheSinner.net

You just couldn't make it up...

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

You just couldn't make it up...

Postby amac on Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:17 pm

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (Reuters) - An Oklahoma judge facing removal over charges that he masturbated and used a device for enhancing erections under his robes during trials said on Wednesday he would retire from the bench.

Creek County District Judge Donald Thompson, 57, wrote to Oklahoma Gov. Brad Henry resigning effective Sept. 1, a move that will allow him to retire with a full pension.

A former state representative and a judge for 22 years, Thompson was accused by state Attorney General Drew Edmondson of using a "penis pump" to enhance erections during trials and exposing himself to a court reporter several times while masturbating on the bench.

The state Court on the Judiciary was scheduled to hear a motion on Friday to suspend Thompson.

The judge has denied the charges and did not refer to them in his letter of resignation.

"I have greatly enjoyed my public service and offer my gratitude for the public trust reposed in me during the terms I served," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... ID=6018557

:O
amac

Re:

Postby Wong on Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:44 pm

You're right - I couldn't. I think ":O" is quite the best response here.

[hr]No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Think of the people he convicted...

Postby Poindexter on Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:59 am

This is so much worse than just being a pervert, remember this guy changes, even ends, lives on a daily basis... Can you imagine, he's being presented with the evidence, some guy is sitting there thinking his life is in the judge's hands, when in fact all you'd find there is his todger and a cock pump... "Yeah whatever fry him, I couldn't care less at the moment..." Anyone that was put on death row by this guy should get a re-trial in my opinion, you can't be paying enough attention to proceedings while you're rubbing one out, can you?
Poindexter

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:29 am

You're assuming that he was thinking of other things. Sending down the criminals might be what arouses him - hence he could be paying very close attention.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby benedict on Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:40 pm

[hr]wanker
benedict

Re:

Postby Rex Mundi on Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:40 pm

Aww, leave him alone. Hes probably going senile...
Rex Mundi

Re:

Postby James on Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:49 pm

Overactive mind ...

"All rise"

"Be upstanding"

"He didn't fail to stand up in court"

"The long arm of the law"

I don't think "Crown Prostitution Service" quite fits the bill, but I had thought of it anyway.
James

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:03 pm

[s]Rex Mundi wrote on 18:40, 22nd Aug 2004:
Aww, leave him alone. Hes probably going senile...

or blind
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Poindexter on Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:33 pm

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 12:29, 22nd Aug 2004:
You're assuming that he was thinking of other things.

I hadn't thought of that...although it's not exactly making the guy any better in my book.
Poindexter

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:00 pm

[s]Poindexter wrote on 02:59, 22nd Aug 2004:Anyone that was put on death row by this guy should get a re-trial in my opinion, you can't be paying enough attention to proceedings while you're rubbing one out, can you?

And yet, in Oklahoma, it isn't the judge who decides on whether a death sentence is appropriate or not, it's the jury. So, guess we won't be seeing a lot of retrials from this one.

[hr]
Signatures are for fools who haven't said enough already.
(With apologies to Karl Marx.)
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Poindexter on Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:11 pm

[s]exnihilo wrote on 23:00, 22nd Aug 2004:
And yet, in Oklahoma, it isn't the judge who decides on whether a death sentence is appropriate or not, it's the jury. So, guess we won't be seeing a lot of retrials from this one.

There's always one who ruins the fun by watching Law and Order and then thinks he's Johnny Cochran. You weren't using a cock pump under your robe when you wrote that by any chance, were you?
Poindexter

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:14 pm

Tres amusing. As it happens I have a long-standing interest in the death penalty, and its abuses, such as the US being one of only six countries to execute children - but thanks for trivialising that.

[hr]Signatures are for fools who haven't said enough already.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Poindexter on Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:23 pm

[s]exnihilo wrote on 23:14, 22nd Aug 2004:
...such as the US being one of only six countries to execute children - but thanks for trivialising that.

Way to go and use the kids to make me feel guilty...
On a lighter note, I guess if it's the jury who do all the decision making, it must get pretty boring for the judge, up there all alone, day after day, in his big sweaty robes...I bet they're all doing it.
Poindexter

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:28 pm

I apologise - I didn't mean thanks for triviliasing the execution of children, I only meant thanks for trivialising what I thought was a pretty sensible, and informative, post.

But then, as I doubt you feel even slightly guilty, maybe I don't feel all that apologetic.

[hr]Signatures are for fools who haven't said enough already.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Poindexter on Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:47 pm

I didn't intend to trivialise it, I thought it was very informative and I'm glad it was brought to my attention. Now next time I'm in court for throwing eggs at old Mrs Lupton's windows, I'll slide the judge a note hinting at his strangely shifting robes, and hey presto, no more juvey for me.
Poindexter

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:01 pm

lol!

Return to The Sinner's Main Board