Home

TheSinner.net

Javine Poll

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Javine Poll

Postby KateBush on Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:28 pm

Why is there no option for people like me who have never even heard of hear? She sounds like a type of tea-- "hello, yes, I'll have a cup of Javine, please. Thanks"
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby Al on Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:32 pm

I've never heard of her either, but "I respect her musical capabilities and am a big fan" reads like it has escaped from the breasts poll.

[hr]Life is too important to be taken seriously.
Al

Re:

Postby Monster Sink on Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:19 pm

What about:

"Although I may have heard her music (and I might even like it), I don't recognise the name, but for the sake of expanding my experiences, I'd be prepared to go along and try something new"
Monster Sink

Re:

Postby mossop on Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:00 pm

Or, what about, "who the fuck is Javene?"
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:37 pm

So we've got Javine and Coolio, methinks the Uni is trying to change its image somewhat.

That and they probably couldn't get Idlewild, but if they couldn't get Dogs Die in Hot Cars then we're really unpopular if a band that shit turned us down. At best it was a case of 'Hello, this is St Andrews University, does your record label have anyone who would like to do a Freshers Week concert?'
'Javine or Phil Collins'
'Fuck. We'll take Javine.'

I've heard several Javine songs but couldn't for the life of me remember a single one of them, and Coolio live doesn't sound great unless he spends the entire thing stoned off his face in which case we can bill it as standup comedy.
thePontificator

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:37 am

[s]thePontificator wrote on 20:37, 29th Aug 2004:
At best it was a case of 'Hello, this is St Andrews University, does your record label have anyone who would like to do a Freshers Week concert?'
'Javine or Phil Collins'
'Fuck. We'll take Javine.'

haha! I'd like to see this uni try and get Phil Collins, getting turned down by him would be the ultimate embarrassment.

Though having Javine play in freshers week is a close contender.

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:23 am

She is a manky, ugly untalented shallow bimbo. Just the right person to play St. Andrews!

:)
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:11 am

The obvious solution:

Get the crowd to start chanting "tits out! tits out!"
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Monster Sink on Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:55 pm

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 11:11, 30th Aug 2004:
The obvious solution:

Get the crowd to start chanting "tits out! tits out!"

...thereby spreading the opinion that St Andrews students are unruly yobs who don't seem to want to even try having fun.

Not your most sensible suggestion, Mr Ten.
Monster Sink

Re:

Postby quarterstaff on Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:58 pm

tits out?

you know... i have never seen bonnie AND javine at the same time... you think maybe they.....?????!
god damned mongolians!
quarterstaff

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:19 pm

Dogs Die in Hot Cars did not turn the Union down they are in Australia and may make an appearance in mid-October.
Javine and Phil Collins were going to duet but the union couldn't accomodate his Iron Lung.

Re:

Postby Anon. on Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:22 pm

[s]Monster Sink wrote on 14:55, 30th Aug 2004:
...thereby spreading the opinion that St Andrews students are unruly yobs who don't seem to want to even [i]try
having fun.[/i]

At least it will be a change from the present perception, for an example of which see any one of The Cellar Bar's posts. :)
Anon.

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:54 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 15:25, 30th Aug 2004:
Dogs Die in Hot Cars did not turn the Union down they are in Australia and may make an appearance in mid-October.

Damn, can't someone do something about that? Like put a higher voltage through the guys mic stand this time?
thePontificator

Re:

Postby glittery girlie on Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:31 pm

The Union should book Babyshambles.

They'll play your front garden for a bottle of JDs and a reasonably soft piece of floor.
glittery girlie

Re:

Postby cherryblossomgirl on Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:49 am

[s]glittery girlie wrote on 00:31, 2nd Sep 2004:

They'll play your front garden for a bottle of JDs and a reasonably soft piece of floor.

They should! They're playing quite a few Scottish dates soon, so why not have one more? :-) I'm going to see them in Dundee! I can't wait!
cherryblossomgirl

Re:

Postby cherryblossomgirl on Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:51 am

[s]glittery girlie wrote on 00:31, 2nd Sep 2004:

And yes...they probably would play in your front garden for a bottle of JDs...but that just adds to the charm!
cherryblossomgirl

babyshambles

Postby 2+2=5 on Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:01 am

good call, Im sure there are plenty nice girls that could give poor old Pete a good time whilst he was in St Andrews. All he needs is love, i tell you!

Poor Pete!
2+2=5

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:07 am

It's part of a master plan Monster Sink, as everyone thinks that St. Andrews students are all rich upper crust gentry, the conflicting idea that we were also yobs would either...

1. Cause Sun journalist to explode.
2. Make people realise we aren't a stereotype
3. Ensure Javine never returns

Which one of this is bad?
Prophet Tenebrae

Return to The Sinner's Main Board