Home

TheSinner.net

Academic Families

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Academic Families

Postby Miz Manda on Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:58 pm

Is everyone still involved with their academic families? I think I'm an academic orphan- I never really had a father and my mother was never really all that interested (aren't we a modern academic family? We could be on Trisha).

[hr]You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?
Miz Manda

Re:

Postby Simon Atkins on Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:17 pm

I still speak to my mothers even though they left in 2001. I was lucky as they were amazing parents, worth keeping in contact with.

Still spend a bit of time with my children and Grandchildren but not as much as I would like.
Simon Atkins

Re:

Postby KateBush on Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:25 am

I have a grand total of seventeen children! (I'm fourth year).

Some of them were a bit weird, mind, so I don't see them all that often. But a lot are really sound, and as I am going to be here for an extra semester, I am looking forward to my children having babies...making me a Granny:)

I have a huge extended family too, lots of brothers and sisters and nephews and nieces. Academic families ROCK. I tihnk they are a brilliant idea because they help people get together (No, NOT like that, thankyou!) and look out for each other.
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby md25 on Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:44 am

I had absentee parents! Might get some kids for fourth year, highly unlikely as I think the whole thing's a bit silly but I really should wind down a little...
md25

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:52 am

Academic families are really about luck. Better buying a lottery ticket really ;)
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:50 pm

I haven't been able to keep in contact with my parents, but all my kids were really good friends of mine...hoping to expand the family line this year though :o)
..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby paloma on Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:19 pm

[s]KateBush wrote on 07:25, 1st Sep 2004:
I have a grand total of seventeen children! (I'm fourth year).

Some of them were a bit weird, mind, so I don't see them all that often. But a lot are really sound, and as I am going to be here for an extra semester, I am looking forward to my children having babies...making me a Granny:)

I have a huge extended family too, lots of brothers and sisters and nephews and nieces. Academic families ROCK. I tihnk they are a brilliant idea because they help people get together (No, NOT like that, thankyou!) and look out for each other.

I'm your sister Kiki! Bet you didn't know that!

--Lola;)
paloma

Re:

Postby KateBush on Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:32 pm

God they keep on appearing...this is great. Next semester will be one hell of a family gathering at Raisin Weekend if I could get my clan in one place- there would be SO MANY people!

Hulloh back, Lola...x x
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby Cain on Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:26 pm

i had no father and divorced my mother, but i'm going to do a decent job with my own kids.

[hr]
I will diminish, and go into fourth year, and remain Cain
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:34 pm

[s]Cain wrote on 23:26, 2nd Sep 2004:
i had no father and divorced my mother, but i'm going to do a decent job with my own kids.

Well, Blincow is a challenge for any father, and I just hope you can turn him around to the ways of fun

[hr]
Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby mottthehoople on Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:29 am

FUCK OFF, IM SPARTACUS
mottthehoople

Return to The Sinner's Main Board