Home

TheSinner.net

If you are disappointed with the freshers week line-up...

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

If you are disappointed with the freshers week line-up...

Postby Eddie Baby on Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:34 pm

Bass player and lead guitarist with aspirations of stardom wanted for soon to be stellar band. Band experience not neccessary as this will be like nothing you have done before.

Influences from the Clash to the Cure, the Manics to Madness, Roses to Radiohead, the Smiths to the Stripes.

Get in touch, we'll meet you when the new semester kicks off...
Eddie Baby

Re:

Postby joe on Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:07 pm

Hi there, I'm a bass player and am keen to get into a band when back. Have played for a long time and been in various bands. E-mail me at jmo3@st-andrews.ac.uk if you fancy meeting up. Joe
joe

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:37 pm

bit lame jumping on the bandwagon is it not?

i thought there was going to be some constructive criticism, but to see this, tsk tsk tsk,
Mohawk

Re:

Postby Slash wannabe on Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:54 pm

Thats the fucking idea Eddie baby!

The music fund could help you with your search for musicians. I believe in time there will be a list of people wanting to play in bands making it very easy to find other band mates.

Alternatively you can email Livesoc and they'll forward your email to their members.

Mohawk why is it lame mate? Its the best fucking thing you can do if you dont get to see a band you want to see. How more "constructive" could he have actually been short of setting up a gig himself?

Hopefully St Andrews student bands will be on the rise because I think and hope there will be a market for it.

[hr]IMAGE:www.pushposters.co.uk/new/thumbs/a/S_a06015.jpg
IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/slashlogo.gif
[i:3tscad2j]One step from lashing out at you again[/i:3tscad2j]
Slash wannabe

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:58 pm

all i was oaning about was the fact that it was a wolf in sheeps clothing tactic.

and yes i've been up for a very long time today - and i'm bored
Mohawk

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:03 pm

[s]Mohawk wrote on 23:37, 15th Sep 2004:
bit lame jumping on the bandwagon is it not?

i thought there was going to be some constructive criticism, but to see this, tsk tsk tsk,

right. every time somebody critices the union, or the saint, or the sabs, they get told "Well, i'd like to see you have a go"

then when they do have a go, and putting together your own band is a pretty good way to have a go, they get this.

fair play to them. i'm not going to start up a band, but i am going to make my own entertainment for pre-sesh because the union does not meet my needs with this line up.

also i've seen far too much wrestling to take your "retirement" post seriously but come on... If you feel like you have to announce to the board that you're not going to be online for a week, surely you should not be online for a week?

[hr]
It's now who you know, it's who who you know knows
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:06 pm

/me buggers off

couldn't resist the urge.. must post on sinner,

and i'm not defending the union anymore anyway, it's pointless, as i become stereotyped.
Mohawk

Re:

Postby niall on Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:24 am

i dont see how its lame jumping on the bandwaggon (plus i dont see what bandwaggon.) If you want to see other student bands in the pre-sesh line up then the best way to do it is to form your own!

Its the same in football, competition is always healthy for it. and so if there are more student bands "competeing" for gigs then it will mean, hopefully, more gigs and better gigs as each band has to up the ante to be picked to play.

I was gonna form a band with some mates back in first year with the aspiration of playing the st andrews "circuit" for a while, but we were too drunk to be bothered following thru (plus we didnt have a drummer) so the fact that eddie here is getting off his ass and getting the people he needs is brilliant news!

[hr]do you have a tastyspoon?

http://www.tastyspoon.com/forum

IMAGE:www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
niall

thanks, keep it coming...

Postby Eddie Baby on Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:32 am

Thanks to Joe for his reply, yes we'll probably meet you when back in St Andrews - myself and the drummer will be out having a few on Saturday night, will you be around?

Thanks for the support guys. I've wanted to do this for years...

EE
Eddie Baby

the band

Postby The Static on Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:36 am

the drummer, here.
Well done, eddy, I was surprised to see this many responses so fast. Kickass. I would also like to point out that it is a common misconception that all drummers are stupid.
Thanks, Bones
The Static

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:38 am

i know what you mean static -

i'm a drummer - both drum kit and pipe band - the in joke is about us being stupid...

wears thin after a while
Mohawk

Music Fund Help

Postby MusOffDave on Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:29 pm

Good to see some enthusiasm! There will be a meeting of people in venue 1 from 12 - 4 on Wednesday of Freshers week for people to come along and talk about getting together bands, groups & anything musical... AND there will be instruments amps and drums for everyone to have a jam/perform. So if you want to get music going in St Andrews PLEASE come along and play.

PLUS there will be two bands playing on the same night as Tiffany. Kid Canaveral and Submachine. I wont comment on the former for obvious reasons(I'm a member) but Submachine sound rather good and like they'll put on a brilliant show. I know two pop acts for freshers week isn't ideal but there is some San Andrean Bands to be seen and supported. Give it a shot.

http://www.kidcanaveral.co.uk

http://www.geocities.com/submachinetheband/main.html
MusOffDave

Re:

Postby joe on Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:54 pm

Yeah, am back from fri. Sounds good. Joe
joe

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:01 pm

wouldn't mind a bit of jamming - got a set of arbiter flats at home - easily transported up to st andrews but i thought i'd spare my flatmates the noise.

so an opportunity to have a little thrash on the drums would be much appreciated.

however, i'm not really looking for a band just now, got too many other commitments.
Mohawk

Re:

Postby Eddie Baby on Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:25 pm

anyone else interested?

Eddie
Eddie Baby

Re:

Postby Slash wannabe on Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:10 pm

[s]MusOffDave wrote on 14:29, 16th Sep 2004:
There will be a meeting of people in venue 1 from 12 - 4 on Wednesday of Freshers week for people to come along and talk about getting together bands, groups & anything musical... AND there will be instruments amps and drums for everyone to have a jam/perform.

So when were you planning on telling the music fund commitee this then David? Or was it Bonnie who planned this and you just posted this message?

[hr]
IMAGE:www.pushposters.co.uk/new/thumbs/a/S_a06015.jpg
IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/slashlogo.gif
[i:3tscad2j]One step from lashing out at you again[/i:3tscad2j]
Slash wannabe

Re:

Postby MusOffDave on Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:49 pm

[s]Slash wannabe wrote on 00:10, 17th Sep 2004:
[s]MusOffDave wrote on 14:29, 16th Sep 2004:[i]
There will be a meeting of people in venue 1 from 12 - 4 on Wednesday of Freshers week for people to come along and talk about getting together bands, groups & anything musical... AND there will be instruments amps and drums for everyone to have a jam/perform.

So when were you planning on telling the music fund commitee this then David? Or was it Bonnie who planned this and you just posted this message?

[hr]
IMAGE:www.pushposters.co.uk/new/thumbs/a/S_a06015.jpg
[/i]

Bonnie's idea, yes, as she organises ALL of freshers week. There is an e-mail in the committee's inbox now. Short notice, but it's been hectic. Apologies. Hope to see you there, of course.
MusOffDave

Return to The Sinner's Main Board