Home

TheSinner.net

SimonWatch

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

SimonWatch

Postby Mr Comedy on Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:29 pm

IMAGE:www.yourunion.net/system/systempages/file/340/image/presu300.jpeg

Following on from the success of DerekWatch and the original RoryWatch, how is the Association President getting on?
Have you seen him?
Is he all bacon roll and no action?
Only time will tell!
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby niall on Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:30 pm

[s]Mr Comedy wrote on 17:29, 1st Oct 2004:
Is he all bacon roll and no action?

what about the tea?

[hr]
do you have a tastyspoon?

http://www.tastyspoon.com/forum

IMAGE:www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
niall

Re:

Postby Nell on Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:31 pm

I passed him on the street, with no bacon roll and no tea! Infact no food or beverage of any sort!
Nell

Re:

Postby Marco Biagi on Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:38 pm

I saw him on Wednesday afternoon on the top floor of the union. He looked stressed. Maybe he was actually doing something.

[hr]Deadlines aren't flexible. Sleeping patterns are.
Marco Biagi

Re:

Postby pim on Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:00 pm

I saw Simon looking harassed last week. And he told me I was much better looking than Ben Reilly...

I did take it as a compliment.

[hr]L'enfer, c'est les autres (Jean-Paul Sartre, Huis Clos)
L'enfer, c'est les autres (Jean-Paul Sartre, Huis Clos)
pim

Re:

Postby Newty on Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:13 am

We didn't know who he was and asked if he'd like to join the Medical Students Society.
Will Watson. Medical student. Cake lover.
Newty

Re:

Postby niall on Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:21 am

[s]Newty wrote on 02:13, 2nd Oct 2004:
We didn't know who he was and asked if he'd like to join the Medical Students Society.

^_^

we got the cardinal of the catholic church in scotland to sign up for a Church of scotland mailing list the other week :D

[hr]
do you have a tastyspoon?

http://www.tastyspoon.com/forum

IMAGE:www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
niall

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:50 am

[s]Marco Biagi wrote on 23:38, 1st Oct 2004:
Maybe he was actually doing something.

Doing stuff, surely.
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby Steveo on Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:01 am

[s]Marco Biagi wrote on 23:38, 1st Oct 2004:
Maybe he was actually doing something.

Someone, possibly.

[hr]
[s]What a beautiful world this will be .... what a glorious time to be free[/s]
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:58 pm

OK. Lets start the sightings. Monday, quarter to five, in the library.
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:42 pm

He was removing jumping jack's flyers in chattan a few hours ago, then checked his e-mail before visiting tesco.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:54 pm

don't get me started on those sneaky jumpin jacks flyerers.

what i would give to line them up against a wall and shoot the lot of them
Mohawk

Re:

Postby lyn jeffreys on Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:57 am

Maybe I am wrong but I believe that DerekWatch was stopped last year in part because it was seen as a ridiculous infringement on the lives of the sabbaticals. In fact I think you will find that it was seen by some as akin to stalking.

While I think it is important to hold our elected officials accountable, I am also quite sure that it is not necessary to track the every move of these people on a public messageboard.

Standing for an elected office does open one to public scrutiny, but I for one believe that these people are still entitled to having private lives. Have a little respect for those who are helping to run the Students' Association, they are doing alot of good for all of us.

[hr]"We are all worms, but i do believe that i am a Glow-Worm" -Winston Churchill
lyn jeffreys

Re:

Postby Al on Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:06 am

You could see it that way or you could see it as it is. That is, as just a bit of harmless fun.

Besides, many of the people who have posted on this thread are numbered among those who help, to a greater or lesser degree, run the Students' Association.

[hr]Life is too important to be taken seriously.
Al

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:04 pm

[s]Al wrote on 13:06, 5th Oct 2004:
Besides, many of the people who have posted on this thread are numbered among those who help, to a greater or lesser degree, run the Students' Association.

And they remain amongst the most curious as to just when Psi's going to crack and finally start eating bacon rolls and drinking pints of tea from Beaton's...
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:48 pm

[s]lyn jeffreys wrote on 12:57, 5th Oct 2004:
Maybe I am wrong but I believe that DerekWatch was stopped last year in part because it was seen as a ridiculous infringement on the lives of the sabbaticals. In fact I think you will find that it was seen by some as akin to stalking.

While I think it is important to hold our elected officials accountable, I am also quite sure that it is not necessary to track the every move of these people on a public messageboard.

Standing for an elected office does open one to public scrutiny, but I for one believe that these people are still entitled to having private lives. Have a little respect for those who are helping to run the Students' Association, they are doing alot of good for all of us.
[/s]

I do agree with you for the most part, except that DerekWatch was ended mostly because it got boring ("I saw him working today." "I saw him in his office again, working.") and also the other sabbs hijacked it taking the piss ("He was wearing a sooooooooooooooooooooot.").
We are human...mostly. Which reminds me,

I saw Simon today!!!! Shock, horror, so newsworthy!

He admitted to me he was an ALIEN, then jumped at me to scare me. However, I had already stopped paying attention to his inane banterings by that point and his tactics had no effect.
I also saw him from the most odd vantage point as he was holding my hands and someone else was holding my feet and they were swinging me like a hammock.

And he doesn't like tea, coffee, or soda so I'm sad to say that we'll probably not have a SimonWatch sighting of that type. Oli, Ben, and I on the other hand are caffinated to the hilt.

And it's funny to me to see the gaps in the sightings in the timeslots I do actually know where he was.... this past weekend for instance. But I don't expect many people will admit to seeing him, unless they too were in Ayr doing a HUGE favour for me and the Association as a whole.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby Marco Biagi on Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:30 am

He admitted to me he was an ALIEN, then jumped at me to scare me. However, I had already stopped paying attention to his inane banterings by that point and his tactics had no effect.
I also saw him from the most odd vantage point as he was holding my hands and someone else was holding my feet and they were swinging me like a hammock.

Anyone else Bonnie, and I'd have thought you were joking. Sharing an office with Oli is really starting to affect you, isn't it?

[hr]
Deadlines aren't flexible. Sleeping patterns are.
Marco Biagi

Re:

Postby Oli on Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:34 am

I wasn't the person swinging Bonnie. I was working.
Oli

Re:

Postby liliputian on Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:08 am

makes a change!
[i:143mmj9f]i know you want the sin but not the sinner...[/i:143mmj9f]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100186
liliputian

Re:

Postby niall on Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:19 am

[s]liliputian wrote on 11:08, 6th Oct 2004:
makes a change!

^_^

just dont open the middle drawer (then working will stop again!)
niall

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board