Home

TheSinner.net

This House is without responsibility

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:31 pm

Sabs are tricksy, though. Don't take his word for it.

[hr]

Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby Laura on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:38 pm

Quoting Eliot Wilson from 23:31, 26th Apr 2005
Sabs are tricksy, though. Don't take his word for it.

As long as he is piling Branston pickle onto the top of every foodstuff in sight, reading The Guardian and hooking mac computers upto other mac computers I will remain assured that his body has not been taken over by aliens...
"When I came back to Dublin, I was courtmartialled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence."
Laura

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:10 pm

Proof either of lack of alien possession or else of alien possession, I'd have thought.

The Mac thing, though...

[hr]

Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby Laura on Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:25 am

Quoting Eliot Wilson from 00:10, 27th Apr 2005
Proof either of lack of alien possession or else of alien possession, I'd have thought.

The Mac thing, though...

In which case he must have been possessed by aliens when I met him. It was confirmed several minutes after my post when it made a toast like Branston pickle sandwich laced with some form of salad cream.

What's wrong with Macs? They're so pretty... I'm such a convert....
"When I came back to Dublin, I was courtmartialled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence."
Laura

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:10 am

Quoting Laura from 10:25, 27th Apr 2005

In which case he must have been possessed by aliens when I met him. It was confirmed several minutes after my post when it made a toast like Branston pickle sandwich laced with some form of salad cream.
[/quote]

Did it also make several pints of really strong tea with the teabag left in, mutter something about a meeting, and then dissapear in a flurry of paper?
That Reilly is a reclusive animal. Someone call Bill Oddie!
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Addendum

Postby Mr Comedy on Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:11 am

May I remind members that Mr Vinton and his camera will be at tonight's debate to record any and all sort of nonsense that ensuses.
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Laura on Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:54 am

Quoting Mr Comedy from 11:10, 27th Apr 2005
Quoting Laura from 10:25, 27th Apr 2005

Did it also make several pints of really strong tea with the teabag left in, mutter something about a meeting, and then dissapear in a flurry of paper?
That Reilly is a reclusive animal. Someone call Bill Oddie!

No it had some Lilt, the empty bottle of which it chucked at me. And even Ben Reilly doesn't go to meetings at half past midnight.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if it started happening this year.... 'Extreme Sabbaticals- The Movie' although who would play them all is beyond me. Steve Savage and I used to joke that Brad Pitt could do a good President Atkins with some serious research...
Laura

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:45 am

Can I play Reilly?
I'm quite happy to drink tea, mutter something about cooperative housing, and then spend hours trying to figure out how to wire my Mac up to a bottle of whisky.
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Laura on Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:20 am

Quoting Mr Comedy from 12:45, 27th Apr 2005
Can I play Reilly?
I'm quite happy to drink tea, mutter something about cooperative housing, and then spend hours trying to figure out how to wire my Mac up to a bottle of whisky.

We should all play each other.... like, the person you are least like physically and ideologically. That would be funny.
Laura

Re:

Postby Al on Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:37 am

Who would play Teddy?

[hr]

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
Al

Re:

Postby Bryn on Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:55 am

Quoting Laura from 13:20, 27th Apr 2005
We should all play each other.... like, the person you are least like physically and ideologically. That would be funny.

Ooh, I should play Bonnie.

[hr]

http://bryn.ipfox.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:02 pm

Mr Blair should play a small, squat gypsy.

[hr]

Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:42 pm

I wish i could think of a witty reply to Mr Wilson, but i can't.

I may apologise for shouting his name in greeting every time that i see him though...

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:18 pm

I have no problem with being greeted, especially by people who call me 'Mr Wilson'.

[hr]

Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:00 pm

Excellent

[hr]

Cain

Re:

Postby Laura on Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:55 pm

Quoting Bryn from 14:55, 27th Apr 2005
Quoting Laura from 13:20, 27th Apr 2005

Ooh, I should play Bonnie.

Yeah- and I've got it into my head that it would be funny if Loise and Oli played each other and if Ben Nicholson played Alex Yabroff and vice versa..
Laura

Re:

Postby Newty on Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:23 am

Quoting Mr Comedy from 00:23, 24th Apr 2005
Why will no-one dance with me?

I noticed this reoccuring last night. Just what is the matter with you people?
Will Watson. Medical student. Cake lover.
Newty

Previous

Return to Union Debating Society