Home

TheSinner.net

This House is without responsibility

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

This House is without responsibility

Postby Mr Comedy on Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:58 am

Chaps, I present evidence of the debate that happened tonight, "This House Believes That Blair is a mininster without Responsibility".

My favourite economist makes his speech.

Oh yeah, you know you want some.

Work it, baby!

All your favourite poofs in one place.

The stuff of nightmares...

Parties over, birthday boy.
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:10 am

As always, this is only a selection of the photos, and larger ones are available on request.
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Also...

Postby Bryn on Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:51 am

[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/brynismyname/IMGP0552.jpg[/img]

[hr]

http://bryn.ipfox.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby S.L.G. on Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:54 am

So how was the actual debate?
Being in Princess Ida over at the Byre I was otherwise engaged. . .did everything go well?
S.L.G.

Re:

Postby KMart Cowgirl on Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:35 am

I've got a number a lovely pictures from last night as well, as soon as I get them up online I will post the link.

mwah ha ha!

Jxx

[hr]

"I got into an arguement with my rice crispies. I distinctly heard 'snap, crackle, fuck you!' I'm not sure which one of them said it, but I heard it and I said, 'well, you can all just sit right there in the milk as far as I'm concerned, until I find out which one of you said it.' Mass Punishment--the idea is to turn them against eachother." -Emily Krueger...my fave Jersey Girl!
"I got into an arguement with my rice crispies. I distinctly heard 'snap, crackle, fuck you!' I'm not sure which one of them said it, but I heard it and I said, 'well, you can all just sit right there in the milk as far as I'm concerned, until I find out which one of you said it.' Mass Punishment--the idea is to turn them against eachother." -Emily Krueger...my fave Jersey Girl!
KMart Cowgirl

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:51 am

Mr Stewart sans shirt was not something I needed to see over my coffee and biscuits.

[hr]

Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby KMart Cowgirl on Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:06 am

Here you go my lovelies...

http://community.webshots.com/user/jrabenbe

in the album appropriately titled "debaters go to the bop"

Jxx

[hr]

KMart Cowgirl

Re:

Postby grousefanatic on Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:52 am

Quoting kmart cowgirl from 14:06, 23rd Apr 2005
Here you go my lovelies...

http://community.webshots.com/user/jrabenbe

in the album appropriately titled "debaters go to the bop"

Jxx

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA!

What makes it even funnier is that I can remember how each and every one of those photos looked for real.

[hr]

veni vidi nates calce concidi - i came, i saw, i kicked ass
veni vidi nates calce concidi - i came, i saw, i kicked ass
grousefanatic

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:37 pm

And just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water - Mr Douglas cutting some shapes on the dancefloor. God in heaven.

[hr]

Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby Alex Jennings on Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:11 pm

Oh my...

THB Debaters Should Be Fully Clothed Whilst Pictures are Being Taken.

THB Debaters Should Not Go To the Bop Together.

Nothing is scarier than a line of debaters all doing the Macarena together.

[hr]

"Look, I told you when we met that I was not a leprechaun, that I was from Rhode Island, and that I was half Korean, but you said it didn't matter."
"Look, I told you when we met that I was not a leprechaun, that I was from Rhode Island, and that I was half Korean, but you said it didn't matter."
Alex Jennings

Re:

Postby Laura on Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:32 pm

Quoting S.L.G. from 09:54, 23rd Apr 2005
Being in Princess Ida over at the Byre I was otherwise engaged. . .did everything go well?

Damn the IPA for having booked the Wednesday in LPH.... my favourite debate in a while and it went in the Friday night slot. Won't be doing that again...
"When I came back to Dublin, I was courtmartialled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence."
Laura

Re:

Postby Laura on Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:32 pm

Quoting S.L.G. from 09:54, 23rd Apr 2005

Damn the IPA for having booked the Wednesday in LPH.... my favourite debate in a while and it went in the Friday night slot. Won't be doing that again...
"When I came back to Dublin, I was courtmartialled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence."
Laura

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:00 pm

Sorry that this photo was so blurry - the light was poor and I had little time (for one thing the stupid janitor, who thinks I've been in charge for the past year and won't be told, was haranguing me) but I've cleaned it up a little in Photoshop and shrunk it by half, so it's fairly presentable now.

Psalm 91:7
David Bean

By popular demand

Postby Mr Comedy on Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:23 pm

Why will no-one dance with me?

Looking like a plucked chicken.

Come back!

And just when you thought there couldn't possibly be worse...
[hr]

Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:26 pm

Deepest apologies, but it seems as if several members of the IV team couldn't get enough naked John.
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby John Stewart on Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:51 pm

Oh come on, it's nothing any of you haven't seen before!
John Stewart

Re:

Postby Alex Jennings on Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:32 pm

That's it. What this debating society needs is a reliable video camera. More incriminating photographic evidence.

Now I have something to save my pennies for...

[hr]

Alex Jennings

Re:

Postby Phoebe Stoves on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:21 am

And this time i can't be blamed for taking John's shirt off! it was a great night though. Great to have such a party going on at Lafferty's after the debate. Some Board members, lots of ex-Board members, half the speakers and our lovely DoR himself where all present- it must be done more often!!
Phoebe Stoves

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:15 pm

The DoR himself? Be still, my beating heart.

[hr]

Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby Laura on Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:45 pm

Quoting Eliot Wilson from 17:15, 26th Apr 2005
The DoR himself? Be still, my beating heart.

Think it may have been a joke....

I was confused as to whether he's not normally himself. He was the last time I checked about five minutes ago.
Laura

Next

Return to Union Debating Society