Home

TheSinner.net

The St Andrews Individual Speakers Competition (Formerly the Balaka)

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

The St Andrews Individual Speakers Competition (Formerly the Balaka)

Postby lem4 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:38 pm

Ok... due to Mr Rouf not sponsoring us for this year the Balaka will be called the St Andrews Individual Speakers Competition. Before anyone goes placing blame on me or the Board, I will say that the reason Mr Rouf isn't sponsoring us is because he got his dates wrong and will be out of the country for the competition and didn't want to go ahead with it. In my defense I did tell him 2 months in advance. But worry not, we have the funds to do it and I'm donating some more to cover prize money, etc. Hooray for contingency plans!

I'm sorry for the lateness in this... I've been scrambling to find venues and stuff like that ever since LPH bailed on us.

Rounds start at 12 noon at the Union.

The final is at Ma Bells- 7:30 for 8. There'll be a bar!!!

Apologies to Bryn for not getting in touch with him. I'm a bit frazzled... rest assured that if you try and speak to me after 9:30 I can't promise to be sober.

[hr]

"There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm, young carrot."
"There is, you'll agree, a certain [i:jzcwav8n]je ne sais quoi[/i:jzcwav8n] oh so very special about a firm, young carrot."
lem4

Re:

Postby creative on Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:34 pm

Why did you not run for Convenor?

You would have wiped the floor with Wendy Whatsherface.
creative

Re:

Postby Ian McFarlane on Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:17 pm

On what day?
Ian McFarlane

Re:

Postby Bryn on Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:32 pm

Quoting Ian McFarlane from 21:17, 30th Apr 2005

On what day?

Tomorrow (Sunday).

[hr]

http://bryn.ipfox.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby Clifford. on Tue May 17, 2005 9:49 pm

Where is the tab please?

Clifford.

Quoting lem4 from 17:38, 30th Apr 2005
Ok... due to Mr Rouf not sponsoring us for this year the Balaka will be called the St Andrews Individual Speakers Competition. Before anyone goes placing blame on me or the Board, I will say that the reason Mr Rouf isn't sponsoring us is because he got his dates wrong and will be out of the country for the competition and didn't want to go ahead with it. In my defense I did tell him 2 months in advance. But worry not, we have the funds to do it and I'm donating some more to cover prize money, etc. Hooray for contingency plans!

I'm sorry for the lateness in this... I've been scrambling to find venues and stuff like that ever since LPH bailed on us.

The final is at Ma Bells- 7:30 for 8. There'll be a bar!!!

Apologies to Bryn for not getting in touch with him. I'm a bit frazzled... rest assured that if you try and speak to me after 9:30 I can't promise to be sober.

[hr]

"There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm, young carrot."
Clifford.

Re:

Postby Laura on Wed May 18, 2005 5:53 am

On the thread named 'Individuals Tab'
"When I came back to Dublin, I was courtmartialled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence."
Laura

Return to Union Debating Society