Home

TheSinner.net

Debates Drinks the Official Post

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:42 pm

It's a combination of Tor having time to do them and Bryn being motivated to put them up, really.

[hr]

Will Watson. Medical Student. Cake Lover.
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:55 pm

Quoting Dave the Explosive Newt from 17:42, 21st Sep 2005
It's a combination of Tor having time to do them and Bryn being motivated to put them up, really.

Thank you for the detailed explanation as to how minutes go from point A to point B. Not what I was looking for at all, of course.

I have, for example, been waiting patiently since the end of last term for the minutes of the Magistrands' Debate to appear. In that time period, I am relatively certain that Tor must have had the time to do them and that Bryn has been motivated to put them up. And yet they do not appear.

I'd like to see all of the minutes, including those of the Board of Ten, so I'm asking when they're likely to appear.

[hr]

http://www.ralphcovino.com
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby David Bean on Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:50 am

I'm looking forward to seeing those - and for the Presesh, incidentally, which I thought was really quite hillarious. (How are you going to minute your own speech? ;)

Victoria really is very good, you know. I've read the minutes of almost all the debates so far, so it shouldn't be long at all before they get online. I wouldn't expect them before the end of orientation week - I'm damn sure I wouldn't have time to put them up this week if I were Bryn - but it's not likely to take long after that.

(Incidentally, VWW, considering you manage to spell your own name wrong in half the emails you send me, I'm not at all surprised that mine received the same treatment ;)

[hr]

I'm your Guardian Angel.
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:26 am

I fear that the minutes of the Magistrands may have been censored, judging by the fact that I was involved.
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:15 pm

Quoting Mr Comedy from 13:26, 22nd Sep 2005
I fear that the minutes of the Magistrands may have been censored, judging by the fact that I was involved.

I read them (apparently, there's a black market in UDS minutes - you can get your hands on them if you know somebody who knows somebody, but if you're just a member of the public, you can fuck off, fuck right off...); they're pretty tame. Even the comedy spelling errors only raise a smirk (swashticker?).

As for the rest of the minutes, I look forward to reading them to see what's been going on. Miss Westwood's minutes, once converted from that god-awful font, do actually convey a good sense of what was said. Let's hope they reach the public.

[hr]

http://www.ralphcovino.com
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby deacon brodie on Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:16 am

Quoting exnihilo from 19:13, 20th Sep 2005
We'll be unmistakable.

Well, you say tomato...
deacon brodie

Previous

Return to Union Debating Society