Home

TheSinner.net

Solatium Dinner

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

Solatium Dinner

Postby OhhMy on Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:42 am

Hello

I would just like to say a massive thankyou to everyone who helped me out this evening. I couldn't have done it with out you. I must however say a massive special thankyou firstly to Mr Richard Douglas. without whom I would have gone crazy, mr Aaron Laycook who was a woundefully help. And a special thanks to Mr David Bean who gave me the idea of beatons in the first place. As well as everyone who helped in any well. I must say that the Music this eveing was down entirely to Laura Wison and Alex jennings.

With Love and thanks to you all and good bye
Rob Rollings
p.s. I make no appologies for spelling mistakes if you point them out you are a stupid twat who is a silly twat and deserves nothing more than a cow pat for lunch every day. R.
OhhMy

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:35 am

Many thanks to those who organised it and those who provided me with such excellent company throughout the night. I had a thoroughly good time.

[hr]

It has been brought to my attention that certain people refer to me as a legend. Should you meet one of these people, maintain a safe distance and telephone the police. Under no circumstances attempt to deal with them by yourself.
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:32 pm

Gosh everyone's getting so hostile these days! I was only going to say that I was glad that your collective year had ended on a high note as it so rightly should have. My congratulations to all, you've done a fine job and made each of my visits to the old place thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining. Well done.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Dickie on Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:03 pm

Quoting exnihilo from 13:32, 23rd Mar 2006
Gosh everyone's getting so hostile these days!

A jolly good dinner and not too bad a hangover, must have been the LBV port!!!!!

There seemed to me that there was a huge amount of wine and port, the food was fine and plentyfull, the company was fun.
What more can one ask from a dinner?

[hr]

http://facebook.com/p.php?id=37106107&l=217e435e0a
Dickie

Re:

Postby Alex Jennings on Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:58 pm

An actual conversation had last night that highlights the wonder of the night...

DICKIE: Do you know what's wrong with this dinner?
MYSELF: Um...I don't think there's anything wrong with this dinner.
DICKIE: EXACTLY!

Highlights include dancing with Robin Harper and Robin's vocal stylings.

[hr]

"Look, I told you when we met that I was not a leprechaun, that I was from Rhode Island, and that I was half Korean, but you said it didn't matter."
"Look, I told you when we met that I was not a leprechaun, that I was from Rhode Island, and that I was half Korean, but you said it didn't matter."
Alex Jennings

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Daphne: Hello, Dr Crane, how was your dinner?
Frasier: Perfect, except for one small thing...
Daphne: Oh, just the way you like it then.

Frasier: Niles, d'you know what's the only thing better than a perfect dinner?
Niles: A perfect dinner with one small flaw we can niggle away at for the rest of the night?
Frasier: Exactly!

And now I've shared those with you all, I'm going to go away and feel sorry for myself and wish this 'flu would clear up. Though, obviously, even if it does it won't be Wednesday again. Sniff.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby TC on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:18 pm

Thanks for the dinner Rob, it was great fun. i hope we can make it just as good this year.
Per Ardua ad Astra
TC

Re:

Postby David Bean on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:44 pm

Thanks to Rob, and my congratulations to Mr someone, the newest Cloister Race Champion!

[hr]

Psalm 91:7
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby BenEsq on Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:50 pm

Did I or did I not sing the American national anthem?

[hr]

Lions and tigers and bears...Oh my!
Lions and tigers and bears...Oh my!
BenEsq

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:02 am

Quoting benesq from 23:50, 23rd Mar 2006
Did I or did I not sing the American national anthem?

You did. And you whistled the imperial march.

[hr]

It has been brought to my attention that certain people refer to me as a legend. Should you meet one of these people, maintain a safe distance and telephone the police. Under no circumstances attempt to deal with them by yourself.
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:29 am

Quoting David Bean from 23:44, 23rd Mar 2006
Thanks to Rob, and my congratulations to Mr someone, the newest Cloister Race Champion!

How very odd that it's folk like Mr Wilson, Mr Blair, Miss Russell, Mr Byrne and myself who tend to win these things. Another illustrious victory for the not so fleet of foot!

[hr]

http://www.ralphcovino.com
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby Anon. on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:33 pm

It's probably more a testament to your capacity for alcohol than your athleticism - everyone else is doing well just to walk steadily, let alone run around the cloisters!
Anon.

Re:

Postby Lid on Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:56 pm

I still have a cut on my knee. Leather soled shoes and those wet cobbles... I still insist I could have beat Preston had I been barefoot or wearing shoes with grip.

Excellent meal, too. I was very pleasently surprised with Beatons.

[hr]

We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires
Mathematical Anti Telharsic Harfatum Septomin
Lid

Re:

Postby Bryn on Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:05 pm

Quoting David Bean from 23:44, 23rd Mar 2006

Only just! I came second AGAIN, by a nose.
Bryn

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:07 pm

Quoting Lid from 18:56, 24th Mar 2006
Excellent meal, too. I was very pleasently surprised with Beatons.

Beaton's can do some really good work in terms of catering. I fondly remember a number of very enjoyable Board (SAB, that is) dinners catered by them, and the dinner for the old Scotsman Competition in 96 will remain one of my fondest memories of St Andrews - also catered by Beatons. First class in terms of value, puts some money back into the Union, and is generally a Good Thing (as Sellars and Yeatman would have it).
exnihilo

Return to Union Debating Society