Home

TheSinner.net

Secondary pupil training (07/12/02)

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

Secondary pupil training (07/12/02)

Postby Emma M on Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:53 am

A big thank you to all of the students who took part on the day. We attended and found the day enjoyable as well as informative. The day went surprisingly well considering we were being coached by a bunch of mad, hungover university students!!!!!
Thanks again,

Emma M
Emma A
Anna G
Fiona H
Rudi F
Sandi A
Emma C
(Websters High, Kirriemuir)
Emma M

Hey

Postby Darshybaby on Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:33 pm

Thanx for that message - I agree they were a bunch of mad, hungover students - I was the only sane one there! hehe.

Hope u guys have a great Xmas and a wikid New Year. Im back of to bed now! hehe - Student life is great.

Darshan aka Darshybaby
Darshybaby

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:56 pm

Darshan, dear boy, you wouldn't be the only sane one there if you were in a room on your own. It is what gives you, shall we say, unique charm.
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Eliot Wilson

Thanx

Postby Darshybaby on Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:40 am

Man, thats the nicest thing anyone's said to me this year. I am so glad, that you think I am insane, U da man.

Hehe, all good man - yes indeed kids, I am crazy but only in a friendly kinda way and hey what's life without a bit of fun.

Always remember, be light-hearted, don't take things too seriously, otherwise you'll end like Mr Wilson - only kiddin dude.

Cya lata people - have a wikid Christmas and that thing that follows straight after - ahh yes - New YEar - bring on 2003.

Nuff love,

Darshybaby
Darshybaby

Debates Training

Postby Kizzy on Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:17 am

I may have been mad and a student, but I was certainly not hungover! Also, if Darshan classes himself as sane, what hope is there for the rest of us? Have a lovely Christmas!

Kirsty
Kizzy

Howdy

Postby Darshybaby on Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:39 am

Kirsty hey there, hows it going matey.

I was also not hungover - i retrospectively agreed with Elliot - I am indeed insane and loving it. There is method in my madness - you see under the guise of being "apparently" insane - i can get away with so much without question! hehe. its all a cunning plan. Working well so far.

Thats my one advice in life - be good at everything but always pretend to be thick as you know what, and when you do things well - you'll impress people that much more. SImple.

Doh - i let out my plan! Oh no!!!!

Take it easy - Merry Christmas.

HAppy Birthday to myself today!
Darshybaby

Yes, we are all insane

Postby Peter on Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:59 pm

If you were a small child watching us debate (I mean physically, not mentally- we are probably still mental aged 14) you would probably think that we were all mad. That's because we are.

A huge thank you to everyone who helped, it's great that we got some kind of response, and a good one at that! We may be having a visit to the Highlands to do a similar think, so if anyone is interested... Also the Glenalmond Prep Schools Competition is on Sunday 16th of February... and the Senior Schools Competition is on the 15th of February... any volunteers? Debating WILL take over your lives...

Happy New Year

Peter
Peter

Cunning Plans

Postby Kizzy on Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:55 am

Darshan, I can't believe you stole my plan! I did exactly the same thing all through school - if you appear mad, no one's surprised when you do otherwise-surprising things.
Also, I was the same with the appearing thick thing: got me through school doing well, and only rarely was I called a swot, although their surprise when i did well wasn't always that flattering! Perhaps everyone has the same plan after all . . .

Enough philosophising - did you have a nice new year?
Kizzy

Re:

Postby Darshybaby on Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:17 am

Hi guys,

First of all Peter - yeh im willing to help whenever matey.

Secondly Kirsty - only problem with plan is that well - i just realised i dont do anything to impress neone! hehe so i guess that actually does make me mad. Ironically, Eliot helped me see the truth. Thanks Eliot - have u thought about working for Nightline. I mean, since I got told I was adopted for my 18th, this has been the biggest eye-opener. Sorry, give me a few minutes to reflect....Yep im done.

Cya y'all soon. Wow - so St Andrews B beat St Andrews A - does that turn them around now - in terms of rating or what?

I wonder how many women Bean picked up?! Can u imagine him on the beach - err ok - please dont - back up - stop thinking. ahahahjahahahaha - the images are driving me mad - oh no - i forgot - u cant drive a mad man mad, but only madder. Wow i should write speeches or summin.

Okay im gonna go to bed and stop talking now.
Darshybaby

Random Gibberings

Postby Yeats on Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:55 pm

Yeah Pete, I (Matt)'ll give you a hand with the seniors depending on exams.
On a related point. Mentioning Bean on a beach Darshan, that is a SICK image
Perhaps you should stay in bed for a while..........
Bean already has a stalker anyway
Some day we shall be glad to remember such things
Yeats

Re:

Postby John Stewart on Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:54 am

Bean may have a stalker, but he also aquired something of a female following in Stellenbosch...rarrr!

He's a man in demand!

As for the beach image...I don't have to imagine that...the image is burned onto my subconscious!
John Stewart

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sun Jan 19, 2003 4:38 pm

Darshan, to you I have only one thing to say: shut the hell up, you big jabroni ;)

As for everything else, I can neither confirm nor deny any rumours of any sort whatever.
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby John Stewart on Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:32 pm

But I, on the other hand, am prepared to tell the whole sordid story of Bean's escapades in South Africa!

Are you sitting comfortably? Then let's begin...

(Note - Bonnie Ryder quote unintentional. She hijacked the cliche)
John Stewart

Bean....

Postby Yeats on Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:45 pm

You weren't lucky yourself then John. Were you too busy concentrating on debates or is Bean simply too hard an act to follow.

Incidently perhaps "John tells the whole sordid story of Bean's activities" should be on this Sunday's agenda ;-)
Some day we shall be glad to remember such things
Yeats

Re:

Postby John Stewart on Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:58 pm

Rather tragically, I'll be judging at TCD IV in Dublin on Sunday. I'll keep quiet for now.

But I think the exploits of the clerk may just deserve a thread of their own...
John Stewart

Return to Union Debating Society