Home

TheSinner.net

St Andrews Schools Competition - Friday 17th

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

St Andrews Schools Competition - Friday 17th

Postby Sally on Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:45 pm

The Senior Schools Competition is being held on Friday. Judges and dummy speakers are needed. Registration is from 11 in the Salad Bowl, and rounds start at 12. The final is being held in Lower Parliament Hall at 6.

If you are free to help during the day it would be appreciated. Please email me on svy letting me know when you are free. It doesn't matter if you have never judged before, you will be put in rooms with more experienced judges.

(Also, if anyone can sergeant a Courier Round on Thursday in Forfar please let me know!)
Sally

Re:

Postby zoedidtango on Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:41 am

Who won then? Is there a tab?
zoedidtango

Re:

Postby kdc4 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:46 pm

It was won by Grove Academy A (Kenny Nicoll and Netan Dogra) I believe.

I don't know if there's a tab floating about in cyberspace.

Quoting zoedidtango from 17:22, 19th Nov 2006
Who won then? Is there a tab?
kdc4

Re:

Postby Alex Jennings on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:45 am

Netan Grogan? Surely Netan Dogra? I have this image of a debater that's part Netan and part Rose Grogan...terrifying really.

[hr]

"Look, I told you when we met that I was not a leprechaun, that I was from Rhode Island, and that I was half Korean, but you said it didn't matter."
"Look, I told you when we met that I was not a leprechaun, that I was from Rhode Island, and that I was half Korean, but you said it didn't matter."
Alex Jennings

Re:

Postby Kizzy on Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:59 pm

Argh...that would make a debater with both scary analysis and terrifying levels of obscure knowledge. And a very, very aggressive speaking style.
Kizzy

Re:

Postby Alex Jennings on Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:23 pm

They can NEVER have babies together.

[hr]

Alex Jennings

Return to Union Debating Society