Home

TheSinner.net

So... what about that MP, eh?

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

So... what about that MP, eh?

Postby Connie on Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:55 pm

What do people think about the MP going out with one of the Cheeky Girls? And trying to stop her being deported.

Shocking, eh?
Shouldn't we all be arguing about things like this?

--con xx
Connie

Re:

Postby TC on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:16 pm

Well I think it is great that a Liberal Democrat MP is fornicating with a girl instead of a football strip wearing rent boy!

[hr]

Per Ardua ad Astra
Per Ardua ad Astra
TC

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:03 pm

It's only been 2 weeks; I hardly think they're at the fornicating stage. He's only just got approval from the bizarre menagerie of pets they keep (including the mother...).
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:58 pm

Him and that weathergirl should never have split if you ask me. I can't see this current relationship lasting.

[hr]

Mmmmmmm, cake.
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37102114
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby Connie on Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:08 pm

Do you think he was telling the truth when he said the relationships didn't overlap.Surely not?
Connie

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:39 am

Well, Opik and Cheeky met in October at a charidee do, while he's only just split with Loyd this month, so I think he's talking balls. Quote from his ex:
'They've been together for two months and I called off our engagement a couple of weeks ago, so you do the maths.'

[hr]

Mmmmmmm, cake.
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:41 pm

I'm just wondering how he failed to notice that both of them are both stupid and hideous. Is this the kind of judgment we want to see in our parliamentarians?!

[hr]

Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:48 pm

David, he's a liberal democrat. Good judgment and liberal democrats are not happy bedfellows.

[hr]

"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:16 pm

You mean, he's a Liberal Democrat. I've never met one who's either liberal, or democratic (at least, not one with the vaguest knowledge of their party's manifesto, but then that's a rarity in itself. I think most Lib Dem supporters just like the name.).

[hr]

David Bean

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:54 pm

Quoting RJ Covino from 21:03, 21st Dec 2006
It's only been 2 weeks; I hardly think they're at the fornicating stage. He's only just got approval from the bizarre menagerie of pets they keep (including the mother...).

Just noticed this comment - y'wot? Have you seen what she wears? If I saw her in a dimly lit club I'd put a tenner on her cracking on after a bacardi and coke.

[hr]

Mmmmmmm, cake.
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby TC on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:26 pm

You mean, he's a Liberal Democrat. I've never met one who's either liberal, or democratic (at least, not one with the vaguest knowledge of their party's manifesto, but then that's a rarity in itself. I think most Lib Dem supporters just like the name.).

David,

Frankly your party is nothing to boast about. How many Tories like the direction Camerons taking the party in? Not many. Your observations of Lib Dem members can be made about the membership of any political party. As for not meeting any Lid Dems who are liberal or democratic I would hope that you would consider myself both.

[hr]

Per Ardua ad Astra
Per Ardua ad Astra
TC

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:43 pm

Off politics and back to the considerably more important topic of whether or not they're shagging yet.

Lembit is apparently Gabriela's first serious boyfriend and they spend hours talking on the phone before getting together - from this I think there is a chance cheeky young minx is infatuated with him which would point towards her legs indeed being open for business.

However:

It's not what you want to see bearing down ontop of you, really. However this does, in my mind, increase the possibility of him being more desparate than a straight man in the UDS.

In summary - my guess would be probably.

(apologies for this post, I've just downloaded all of of Men Behaving Badly)

[hr]

Mmmmmmm, cake.
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby David Bean on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:43 pm

Tom, you're a Sith Lord. An agent of the Dark Side. Darth Serjentius, I believe your name is? Hardly a paragon of liberal democracy, in any event.

As for the direction Cameron's taking the party, looking at the polls that appears to be 'up' - and I don't know what anyone else thinks, but that's fine by me!
David Bean

Re:

Postby OhhMy on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:01 pm

Quoting David Bean from 22:43, 4th Jan 2007
Tom, you're a Sith Lord. An agent of the Dark Side. Darth Serjentius, I believe your name is? Hardly a paragon of liberal democracy, in any event.

As for the direction Cameron's taking the party, looking at the polls that appears to be 'up' - and I don't know what anyone else thinks, but that's fine by me!

But David are you actually saying that you are happy for the Conservative party to sell its principles for a chance of power? Do the conservatives actualy stand for anything or are they just a vehicle for getting their senior parlimentary members into power?

I find this 'I dont care what the policies are so long as we are gaining in the polls' attitude highly disturbing. It is no wonder that the people no longer trust the political classes if they so transparently care only about power.
OhhMy

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:14 pm

But David are you actually saying that you are happy for the Conservative party to sell its principles for a chance of power? Do the conservatives actualy stand for anything or are they just a vehicle for getting their senior parlimentary members into power?

Do me a favour, please! Don't you think for a party to adapt its policy framework to suit the needs of the electorate, and become more popular as a result, is sort of what democracy is supposed to be about? You might as well accuse a company that increases its sales and profits by modifying its product to suit modern tastes of pandering to the whims of consumers, or the human race, having evolved from monkeys, of having broken away from their essential nature. The whole point of any competitive system is to provide for revision and improvement. Do you really think the politcs of the 1970s, or any other point in history, should be dominant in 2007?

[hr]

David Bean

Return to Union Debating Society