Home

TheSinner.net

EUROS TRIALS

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

EUROS TRIALS

Postby Jessica on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:02 pm

Euros trials will be held on Wednesday, Febrary 14th in Venue 2 on the Top floor of the Union. We are sending 3 teams and 2 judges. One team has already been selected on the basis of their outstanding performance at an international competition (worlds 2007), and that's Doug Cochran and Connie Grieve, who will be St Andrews A. They will therefore serve as part of the judging panel along with two other grade 2 judges, Tony Murphy and Jason VIt.

On Wednesday, come prepared to debate or judge. Two teams and two judges will be selected. As is policy, only freshers are sent to Euros. There will be two rounds of trials on Wedns, and futher rounds which will be organised at that meeting.

You may trial as both a debater and a judge if you wish.

If you cannot make this or have problems, please email connie.grieve@gmail.com, kdc4, or post on this thread.
Jessica

Re:

Postby Art Ward on Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:08 pm

Sorry, I can't make it dear. Tried my best :(

But sure what can you do...suppose I'll try and qualify through Cork as usual

(Apologies for the randomnes of this post...I'm jsut bored and procrastinating instead of doin an assignment)
Art Ward

Re:

Postby kdc4 on Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:31 pm

To confirm the earlier announcement:

Euros Trials (phase 2) will be held on Sunday 5-10PM in the Committee Room.

Cheers,
-Doug
kdc4

Results

Postby Jessica on Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:42 pm

Congrats to everyone who got through Euros trials, we will be sending:

TEAMS:
St Andrews A - Doug Cochran and Connie Grieve
St Andrews B - Rachael Whitbread and Chris Hawkins
St Andrews C - Miles Wood and Tom Cahn

JUDGES:
Lauren Cahill
Kelly Wade-Johnson

Well done to everyone, and extra thanks to the judges (especially the two external judges from UCD and Dundee) for holding trials.
Jessica

Re:

Postby Connie on Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:47 pm

Toughest set of trials I've seen or been in since I've been here. Says something for the standard of people here. I was very happy to see how well people did, only sad that we have more teams who are good enough to go than spaces.
Connie

Return to Union Debating Society