Home

TheSinner.net

Singapore Worlds 2004

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

Re:

Postby John Stewart on Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:57 pm

Why don't we start a separate "Sean Wilmslow News" thread so that the rest of us can selectively ignore it?

Besides which, as has been proven several times over the last few months, the thread of a million topics can always be resuscitated.

Oh, and Mr Wilson, while wigs may be a distinct possibility by the time I'm 50, the concept of me in a gown will still be beyond the credible...
John Stewart

Re:

Postby Barry Joss on Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:24 pm

I think I speak for many when I say - how bizarrely fatuous. Stubbornness is not the same as having principles. Please try to remember that people.
Barry Joss

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:02 am

[s]John Stewart wrote on 21:57, 8th Sep 2003:
Why don't we start a separate "Sean Wilmslow News" thread so that the rest of us can selectively ignore it?

Sean "Winslow", I believe, Mr. Stewart. Wilmslow, by contrast, is part of the Cheshire commuter belt. Where, perhaps, they wear gowns... (Though I have seen photographic evidence of such a thing on the part of many people - it's really nothing to be ashamed of.)
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby John Stewart on Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:28 pm

A small town in the cheshire commuter belt that also happens to much more entertaining. I should know - I've been there many times.

But that's just a subjective thing, isn't it?
John Stewart

Re:

Postby Barry Joss on Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:57 am

Like verbs, you mean?
Barry Joss

Previous

Return to Union Debating Society