Home

TheSinner.net

mens netball....jokes....golf

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

mens netball....jokes....golf

Postby v-man on Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:08 pm

i be heading to st andrews this september and love (within reason) the golf. i play off about 18 and aiming for about 14-16 handicap by the time i arrive at the sunny shores of st ads.
i am not a member of any golf club as i work at one so get free rounds anyway, however, i can't get a handicap as i'm not a member....is it easy to get one quickly, as playing in any comps will obviously be difficult/impossible without an official handicap.
that's the question, an answer would be most appreciated, cheers,
plus i'm going to the joys of andrew melville....is the sports building good?...how far to the golf courses?...and most importantly are the pubs near?
sorry for blagging another few questions, cheers, (actually, one final blag, what handicap are people who play for the university...i'd expect +1 to 3...?)
cheers again
chris
v-man

Re:

Postby Rennie on Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:16 pm

Golf courses to Melville = Near
Shitness of Melville = Sky High
Pub distance = Reasonably far (nowhere in St Andrews is really 'far')

But, you get membership of the golf course for £105. So, it's not all bad. If you survive Melville.
Rennie

Re:

Postby mossop on Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:56 pm

Sports facilities are pretty good, not brilliant, but good nonetheless! I like it, well I have to, I spend most of my week there!

[hr]Mmmm Beer, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems....
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)