Home

TheSinner.net

riding club

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

riding club

Postby emil on Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:31 pm

anyone where i can learn to ride a horse? so i can "cruise " around on the beach.
emil

Re:

Postby fudge on Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:13 pm

It is written on a thread below but the closest is edenside riding school, 01334839592, quick cycle or bus ride to guardbridge. There are others slightly further afield, go to the tourist board if you want more info.
fudge

Re:

Postby Marie55 on Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:19 pm

I'm hoping to be in the riding club next year and was wondering about it. Do you always go to the same stables? What type of riding is it mainly- lessons or hacks? And do you get a discounted rate by being part of the riding club?
I'd appreciate any info. or opinions. Thanx.
Marie55

Re:

Postby ohjoy on Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:23 pm

Probably no one will look at this, but if anyone sees it....

Does anyone in St Andrews event? I'm hoping to continue my type of riding in Scotland, while being in the club and all, but I have a horrible feeling that I'll be the only one. Eh, well. We'll see, I guess.
ohjoy

Re:

Postby Idealist on Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:50 pm

Hey!
I am going into 2nd year next year, and before I started uni I used to do alot of riding, but I didn't really bother last year. I'm not really into intense competitions and heavy training and schooling etc, I just wanted to do something a bit more relaxing.

The reason that I didn't join the riding club last year was the cost really. Its not too expensive, at £12 a lesson is cheaper than many of my local riding schools, but I didn't have that much money to live on.

I don't really know much about what they do and don't do, but your best bet is to ask them at the sports fayre (either the last saturday or sunday of freshers week).

Hope that helps, prob not but good luck anyway!
[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
Idealist

Re:

Postby Lyeta on Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:08 pm

hey the riding club runs beginner lessons if you want to learn to ride. We go to a yard near Ladybank on various days of the week. If you want to know more or sign up come along to 1 Golf Place on Tuesdays at 8pm or email me at jkw if you have any other questions. Hope this helps!
Jenny
Lyeta

Riding lessons

Postby jo on Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:26 pm

Edenside Riding Stables is only a 5 minute bus ride from St. Andrews. They offer riding lessons for beginners and at a more advanced levels and have horses to suit everyone. They also do a lot of showjumping for anyone who is interested at that level. If you need more information call on 07754 510618.
hope that helps!
jo

Re:

Postby mealybar on Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:15 pm

are there any uni teams? an for what disiplins (sp)?

ooh aye, an will i be the only bloke there??.lol
mealybar

Re:

Postby bramble on Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:56 pm

yup there are 2 teams, but we've started competing already so the next tryouts arent until next year. Its showjumping and dressage and we train every week. There are also beginners, intermediate and advanced lessons at the yard near ladybank, but ant hacking etc would have to be booked elsewhere. If you need more info, email me at raw2 or come along to meetings on tuesdays at 8 at one golf place. Oh and there are no boys on the team but we do have a fair few who come to meeting and that ride in the other sessions!
Not only is it a great way to keep fit but its also fab for meeting new people!

Hope to hear from some of you soon

[hr]
Never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)