Home

TheSinner.net

Cross Country Club

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

Cross Country Club

Postby Hell Cat Maggie on Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:45 am

Just wanting some information. Times, ability, competitions, distance etc? Thanks.
Hell Cat Maggie

Re:

Postby cberry on Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:26 am

I trained with them for a while before persistant knee problems forced me to stop. They are a pretty accomodating group- I came in as an above average male high school runner and found that there were plenty of kids both above and below my level. (I ran 16:03 3 Miles, 4:40 1 mile if that helps) There is a good XC crowd and two volunteer coaches, and they organize trips to regional and university races (I had to quite before going to any races, so no comment there). What type of running and times have you done? I can put you in touch with current runners that might be about your ability.

I came as an American from the three-season high school grind, so adjusting to the St Andrews sport lifestyle was a bit difficult- much more individual oriented. All practices and races are optional (though a real runner doesn't have to be told to run!), so you really have to motivate yourself. The team was smaller than I was accustomed to at School, and some people on the team take it more seriously than others.
cberry

Running club

Postby Jo on Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:19 pm

Hi! I would like to find some people to run with... I am a 34'30'' 10K runner looking for people of similar ability (better will do too as I want to improve).
How can I get in touch with this club?
I am not an University student but live in St Andrews... would that be a problem?
Thank you
Jo

Re:

Postby John on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:46 pm

Hi

The club website is www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~xcrun

The club does cater for all abilities.
If you have any more questions just email one of the committee members.

Quoting Hell Cat Maggie from 12:45, 20th Jun 2004
Just wanting some information. Times, ability, competitions, distance etc? Thanks.
John

Re:

Postby Garnet on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:40 am

There's an athletic club isn't there? I'm bored and thinking about third year and since i have to leave my martial art club due to lack of funds I was thinking of running, but I'm not really into cross coutry running, I'd like to try sprint running, is that done?

[hr]

so alive, so full of fire and music!
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)