Home

TheSinner.net

Football at St.Andrews

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

Football at St.Andrews

Postby midfield_playmaker on Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:56 am

Hi, I'm actually about to go into 4th year, but I've never got involved in football at uni until now. In my final year I would quite like to get involved in the uni football teams. Does anyone have any information on them? How many uni teams are there? when do they play? when do they train? are there trials? how do you get involved etc?

If anyone knows anything about it let me know please.
Cheers
midfield_playmaker

Re:

Postby mossop on Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:08 pm

Go along and speak to the football club at the sports fayre during freshers week. They hold trials during the first week, and I think they have 3 teams.

[hr]IMAGE:www.stuord.demon.co.uk/justlarge.gif IMAGE:www.pieandbovril.co.uk/forum/uploads/av-269.gif
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Uni football teams

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:02 pm

In the university there are three football teams. The first, seconds and thirds all play on a wednesday against other universities and then the seconds and firsts play on a Saturday in the fife league.

They train weekly on a Monday at 5pm on the grass when the weather is fine but move onto the astroturf in the winter.

The best way to get involved is to come along and speak to someone on the Monday if you did not go to the sports fayre to sign up for the team.

There is a selection of squads at the beginning of the season but throughout the season these squads change slightly. If you are not in any of the squads or are just looking to come along to have a game of football or train with the teams then that is fine.

Re:

Postby little headache on Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:20 am

From the way everyone is talking about it, sounds like it's all men! Are there womens' teams at this uni? I'm sure there must be.
little headache

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:52 am

The first person to reply to this thread is an ex captain of the womens football team. So yes, there is one.

[hr]

[s]
My entire life in boolean logic

¬emptyGlass(pint) => drinking(Andy)
emptyGlass(pint) AND ¬full(stomach) => buy(pint)
emptyGlass(pint) AND full(stomach) => buy(vodka)
emptyGlass(vodka) => buy(vodka)
¬emptyGlass(vodka) => drinking(Andy) [/s]
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Mario on Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:15 am

They are actually doing pre-season in St. Andrews right now. If you email Davy Macaulay (dmacaulayusa@yahoo.com) he'll be able to tell you everything you might want to know. Also all three teams now play both on a Wednesday and a Saturday
Mario

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:26 pm

Would just like to add that this year we are running THREE teams in the Fife League.

[hr]

'If something has to change then it always does'
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby feelinfine on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:46 pm

Womens Football Club train at the following times:

Tuesday 6-7 (Astroturf)
Saturday 11-1 (Grass Pitches)

We have one competitive team that play in the Scottish University League every Wednesday afternoon. The club caters for all abilities and everyone is welcome to come along and have a go!

Check out www.geocities.com/stauwfc for some more information!
feelinfine

Re:

Postby feelinfine on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:46 pm

Women's Football Club train at the following times:

Tuesday 6-7 (Astroturf)
Saturday 11-1 (Grass Pitches)

We have one competitive team that plays in the Scottish University League every Wenesday afternoon. The club caters for all abilities so come along and have a go!

Check out www.geocities.com/stauwfc for some more information.
feelinfine

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)