Home

TheSinner.net

Sports Available

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

Sports Available

Postby J on Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:50 pm

Hi there. Im coming to St Andrews in september *not that long away now* and i was just wondering if there is a list (if so where is it?) of all the different sports that you can do/societies?

Also: is there an archery club?
and what sports would ppl recommend for ppl who just want to get a little exercise,have some fun, nothing too serious?
Thank-you
J

Re:

Postby Aureliano on Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:49 am

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~auweb/Club ... CLUBS.html

There ya go. And yes, there is an archery club. As for your last question - most societies and clubs are generally very friendly and cater to all levels of sports enthusiasts. Even if you're a bit hesitant to get involved, many have give-it-a-go sessions during Freshers week. Everyone who attends those will be in the same boat.

And if you're looking for places to get a little exercise outside the clubs, there's naturally the Athletic Union facilities - gym, football, tennis/squas/badminton courts etc.; the beaches for a quick jog.

Hope this helps and you find a sport that suits you in the new year...
Aureliano

Volleyball

Postby hmmmm on Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:49 pm

Can anyone tell me anything about playing Volleyball at St.Andrews? The link for the website about it doesn't work.. is there still a team? I haven't played for a few years, but I love it!
hmmmm

Re:

Postby AU Pres on Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:52 pm

There is still a volleyball team so don't panic! When you get your freshers pack look in the AU handbook and it will tell you what you need to know - where and when they train etc. Then feel free to go and chat to the club committee at the sports fayre on the 25th on the top floor of the union...see you there!
AU Pres

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)