Home

TheSinner.net

Sunday League Novice Team

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

Sunday League Novice Team

Postby ThrillaInManilla on Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:40 pm

Are there any absolutely dire footballers out there? People who were always the last to be picked during breaktime at school? People who would love to suddenly discover that lost talent with a ball that they always knew existed?

For some strange reason I'm showing an interest in taking part in Sunday League this year, and without question I match up to all the criteria above. But I need others like me so we can survive the season together (I'm sure the pubs will get us through it!)
ThrillaInManilla

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:57 pm

I'd be up for playing. Think I'm making this a non-working (commercially speaking) year.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby The Famous Philosopher on Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:42 pm

I'd be up for that aswell, I meet all the criteria anyway.

[hr]Never buy a midget with learning difficulties, It's not big and it's not clever
The Famous Philosopher

Re:

Postby ThrillaInManilla on Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:41 pm

Good good....now, does anyone actually know how many players you need :op (I'm actually being serious here!) We should probably meet up for a drink during freshers week (I would suggest meeting for a practice, but hell whats the point?!)
ThrillaInManilla

YES

Postby Stanton on Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:24 am

Call me Richard 'Malky Mackay Jason Lee Wayne Biggins Mk2' Stanton. But I want to play up front.
Stanton

one more

Postby his friend on Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:25 am

i have a friend who'd like to play, i'll get him to post here as soon as possible.
his friend

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:26 am

I wouldn't mind, although I'm fairly sure you'll need more than 4 people ;). Another idea might be the 6 a side leagues on monday and wednesday nights at the sports centre if you can't get a full 11

Re:

Postby ThrillaInManilla on Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:32 am

yeah 6 sounds more likely...i mean can you imagine us no hopers trying to coordinate 11 people!?!? An image of an opposing player with the ball and a line of 10 players chasing him behind springs to mind!
ThrillaInManilla

Re:

Postby Fionnlagh on Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:14 am

I'd be happy to play. Is anyone still interested in doing it?
Fionnlagh

All well and good

Postby Stantoin on Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:58 am

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 00:19, 21st Sep 2004:
I wouldn't mind, although I'm fairly sure you'll need more than 4 people ;). Another idea might be the 6 a side leagues on monday and wednesday nights at the sports centre if you can't get a full 11

As long as i'm up front. BASH! gooooaaaallll cake!
Stantoin

All well and good

Postby Stanton on Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:59 am

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 00:19, 21st Sep 2004:

As long as i'm up front. BASH! gooooaaaallll cake!
Stanton

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)