Home

TheSinner.net

North West England Theatres

For the discussion, promotion and review of any and all theatre in St Andrews - student, amateur or professional. Mermaids (the University's theatre funding body) would like to hear any suggestions or criticism you may have about how to improve drama and the performing arts in student life.

North West England Theatres

Postby Dave on Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:23 am

I want to treat my girlfriend for her birthday by taking her to the theatre. She used to live in London so has been to all the big ones there but what are the better ones in the North West as im willing to travel. Just will give me an idea of the bigger productions and better venues. If anyone could reply by e-mail then that would be great and really appreciated. Thankyou

dparkinson@blueyonder.co.uk

Take Care
Dave

Re:

Postby immunodiffusion on Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:06 pm

The Royal Exchange in Manchester is very good, and highly recommended. The Contact Theatre in Manchester is also quite good, especially for modern/new drama. There is also the Library Theatre and Forum Theatre which are variable, depending what they have on and what you like. However most of the Manchester theatres do not have a summer season, so wouldn't be much good if you want to go over the holiday.

I would also very highly recommend the Theatre By The Lake in Keswick (Cumbria). They are quite a small venue, but have a really good reperatory company, and have a good variety of different plays over the summer - some modern, some traditional - performed very well.
immunodiffusion

Return to Performing Arts (Mermaids)