Home

TheSinner.net

PG Notices

For general discussion of postgraduate matters.

PG Notices

Postby McK on Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:38 pm

I still don't get the Wednesday memo for PGs. What's wrong with the system?
McK

Re:

Postby Rilla on Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:05 pm

[s]McK wrote on 20:38, 18th Nov 2004:
I still don't get the Wednesday memo for PGs. What's wrong with the system?

i dont know what's wrong - i haven't got them in ages. but you can check them every week online at
http://portal.st-andrews.ac.uk/Memos/pstudents/

[hr]
Anything War can do, Peace can do better
Be good to yourself because nobody else has the power to make you happy.
Rilla

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:07 pm

[s]McK wrote on 20:38, 18th Nov 2004:
What's wrong with the system?

It's been down since first week - I have given up hope of seeing it mended anytime soon.
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby McK on Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:12 pm

Hooray! I got my memo email today. Thanks, Mr Covino, if your influence was used. If not, I feel as though I have re-connected to the blessed virtual college of St Leonard. Now, what does it do again?...
McK

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:42 pm

[s]McK wrote on 12:12, 1st Dec 2004:
I feel as though I have re-connected to the blessed virtual college of St Leonard. Now, what does it do again?...

If you'd credit it, St Leonard's College isn't as virtual as it was when we began, at least in the eyes of the University. It now has (and I'm loosely paraphrasing from some silly document spawned of Collegegate) a 'definitive home in the East end of town' centred on St Leonard's College: the Chapel, St Leonard's College: the Roundel and St Leonard's College: Deans Court.

One notes they've not gotten around to rebranding Gannochy House as St Leonard's College: The Eye-sore...

In terms of recent collegiate victories for postgraduates, I've heard tell that to these shall in fairly short order be added another building on North Street (opposite Collegegate) dedicated to office space for postgraduates in the arts faculty akin to the provision laid out for Divinity students at the Roundel. Thus as for St Leonard's College, it's true that they're trying; they're getting it horrifically wrong, but they're trying. It remains an underutilized PG community-building resource, in my opinion, though. At the very least, it ought to have its own line of branded clothing...

Sadly, I had no prior knowledge that the PG memo was to come out - I've got a slew of things that I'd like to have had in there had I known. Oh well, cross fingers and wait for next week, I suppose.
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:11 am

So, let me get this straight. As a postgraduate, I'm a member of St Leonard's College, obviously, and the Roundel is part of St Leonard's College - but it's only for divinity students? So, as I suspected when Provost Riddell first outlined the proposal, the Roundel is in fact in no way part of St Leonard's College, is it?

[hr]Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:50 am

[s]Eliot Wilson wrote on 01:11, 4th Dec 2004:
So, as I suspected when Provost Riddell first outlined the proposal, the Roundel is in fact in no way part of St Leonard's College, is it?

It is, in their curious way of thinking, for the students of St Leonard's College - those who are members of the faculty of Divinity...

I put in an inquiry last year as to whether or not the rest of us in the College would be allowed access. You can guess where they told me to go.
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:41 am

to someone else for the answers
Bonnie

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:27 am

[s]Bonnie wrote on 05:41, 15th Jan 2005:
to someone else for the answers

Not quite.
RJ Covino

Return to Postgraduates