Home

TheSinner.net

Postgrad residences

For general discussion of postgraduate matters.

Postgrad residences

Postby Stephanie on Sun May 07, 2006 10:47 am

Hi. I'm coming to St. Andrews in September for an M.Litt in Modern History, and I'm debating between Dean's Court and Gannochy. I've done as much research as I can on this board, and right now it seems to be a debate between great rooms but anti-social, or terrible rooms and party central. I'm coming from Canada, so the old architecture of Dean's Court definitely has sway with me. But having said that, obviously I want to actually meet people. So exactly HOW antisocial is Dean's Court? And is it filled with pretentious graduate-types? Conversely, is Gannochy TOO social? I would certainly like to hang out with the undergrads, but everyone needs to sleep sometimes....

Thanks a lot for your help in advance. This question has probably been asked a million times before, but I couldn't find it....
Stephanie

Re:

Postby postgrad on Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:44 am

you might have it mixed up -- Gannochy is a little bit shitty (quite shitty), and Deans Court is incredibly social, but with shitty food. I'd pick deans court for sure. both are for postgrads only, so no undergrads to worry about! i can email you more info if you have any more questions!
postgrad

Return to Postgraduates