Home

TheSinner.net

Anyone else getting people looking for housing on webmail??

For general discussion of postgraduate matters.

Anyone else getting people looking for housing on webmail??

Postby lauremw on Mon May 08, 2006 1:57 pm

Is anyone else getting loads of requests from people looking for housing on webmail from pgsoc list (I think that's who it's from - I've deleted them)? And how do we stop getting those e-mails? The last one was from someone asking this very question. Very annoying.

[hr]

~*~*~*~
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~ Anais Nin
~*~*~*~
"Don't think dear, just do". - George Balanchine
lauremw

Re:

Postby Kibet on Mon May 08, 2006 4:40 pm

If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
you can send mail to with the following
command in the body of your email message:

unsubscribe pgsoclist

or from another account, besides xxxx@st-andrews.ac.uk, where xxxx is your username:

unsubscribe pgsoclist xxxx@st-andrews.ac.uk

If you ever need to get in contact with the owner of the list,
(if you have trouble unsubscribing, or have questions about the
list itself) send email to .
This is the general rule for most mailing lists when you need
to contact a human.

It is worth to note that the first email about accommodation came from PGsocmail which then caused other people to try it this way but by themselves.
Kibet

Re:

Postby nicolafoister on Tue May 09, 2006 12:32 pm

Hello,

Yes we have had major problems with pgsoclist over past 24 hours. Dont know how but our password protection was removed and then everyone just started sending emails to pgsoclist which isnt allowed.

IT services have now put a password back on now so you should be safe from anymore spam!

Nicola

Quoting lauremw from 14:57, 8th May 2006
Is anyone else getting loads of requests from people looking for housing on webmail from pgsoc list (I think that's who it's from - I've deleted them)? And how do we stop getting those e-mails? The last one was from someone asking this very question. Very annoying.

[hr]

~*~*~*~
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~ Anais Nin
nicolafoister

Return to Postgraduates