Home

TheSinner.net

Postgrad ELECTIONS

For general discussion of postgraduate matters.

Postgrad ELECTIONS

Postby SKC723 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Preview: Postgrad ELECTIONS
Hey Everyone!

Postgrad elections are THIS THURSDAY (Nov 5) from 10am-6pm. Make sure you get out and vote. Polling stations will be across campus all day long - the Union, the Library, the Sports Centre (morning), Physics (afternoon) and [hopefully] DRA and Deans Court.

If you just can't make it out - VOTE VIA EMAIL!!! Just send your name/matriculation number in an email, along with who you're voting for to: saelect@st-andrews.ac.uk

Check out the candidates at: http://yourunion.net/postgrad/content/2 ... andidates/
SKC723

Re: Postgrad ELECTIONS

Postby SKC723 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:31 pm

My name is Shane Cunningham, and I'm running for the position of PG Accommodation.

I am currently living in the newly acquired residences on South Street and am doing my MRes in Psychology. Over the course of my entire undergrad in Canada, I sat on the SRC as well as the university's Senate and Board. I am confident that I have the necessary experience in order to adequately serve you - the postgrads of St Andrews. I am extremely vocal, and determined - I won't simply let an issue fall to the side. I am confident enough to bring any issue, big or small, to the attention of whoever needs to hear it.

In addition, as an elected position for the Postgrad Society, I would like to bring about a closer sense of community to enhance our experiences here. We need more events; we need a place dedicated to US; we need to get to know eachother outside of our academics.

Remember to get out and vote on THURSDAY NOVEMBER 5!
(Or alternatively, email saelect@st-andrews.ac.uk with your name&matriculation number, and the names of the candidates you'd like to see elected).

Please also check out Shannon O'Hara for PRESIDENT, Noor Qadri for PG RESEARCH and Richard Tatham for PG SENATE!
(http://yourunion.net/postgrad/content/2 ... andidates/)
SKC723

Return to Postgraduates