Home

TheSinner.net

Help needed, willing to pay!

Help needed, willing to pay!

Postby Blueswater on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Hey guys and girls,

I dont know if this is the best place to post but I think its where the most technically minded people are so I'll give it a shot.

I'm in the process of buying some new pickups for my Fender strat so that it produces less hum and sounds more awesome. However, I lack the equipment, knowledge and skill required to fit them! I don't really fancy a trip to Dundee or Edinburgh to get a professional to do it for me.

Do any of you know how to do this or know anyone else who can do it? I'd be willing to pay for the service, like £20 or so.

Just post here or facebook me (Richard Clark) if you can help!

Thanks alot :)
Blueswater

Re: Help needed, willing to pay!

Postby Zanbato on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:24 pm

I could help if you wanted.

I have a solder kit and have soldered in pickups before. It can be a bit fiddley, but its not massively difficult (unless want crazy coil tapping done or something).

fire me an email (grb8) or post back here if you want any assistance.
Zanbato

Re: Help needed, willing to pay!

Postby Blueswater on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:50 pm

Hey man,

Thanks alot for the offer.

In the end I bought some noiseless Kinman pickups that come prewired and with replacement electronics and stuff. Anyway, their website claims I should be able to install them with just a scewdriver and a couple of other tools. However, I tend to be a bit retarded when it comes to stuff like that and if I struggle I'll definitely get in touch.

Cheers :)
"If you don't think you got the blues, just keep on livin" - Buddy Guy

http://www.myspace.com/richardkclark
http://www.myspace.com/blueswater2008
Blueswater

Return to Musfund