Home

TheSinner.net

Ray Peacock

Comedy Soc - for comedy and fun.

Ray Peacock

Postby MrGreedy on Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:53 am

So what did everybody think of Mr P? After seeing the amount of material repeated from last year by the warm-up act I was quite impressed to see how little Ray Peacock repeated. The September 11th stuff was all old, but I definitely had one of those laugh-so-much-you-hurt moments when he did the circumcision/foam bath skit.
MrGreedy

Re:

Postby edstercw on Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:11 pm

[s]MrGreedy wrote on 00:53, 16th Dec 2003:
So what did everybody think of Mr P? After seeing the amount of material repeated from last year by the warm-up act I was quite impressed to see how little Ray Peacock repeated. The September 11th stuff was all old, but I definitely had one of those laugh-so-much-you-hurt moments when he did the circumcision/foam bath skit.

Hah! Yeah that was completely brilliant and i nearly did myself an injury.In fact that saved his act because the students didn't rally catch on to his style. I think he was probably a bit used to being in smaller confines,y'know?wee pubs stages an that where it's alltogether more close and busy where he CAN easily have a fag onstage cos inna pub every1 else'll B smoking and probably small groups of people will be having they're own conversations at the same time as he's up there and listeners will dip in and out of concentration on him.

On a huge stage, however, it's a whole different story.
THEY WERE HANGING ON HIS EVERY WORD!!! On a big stage yer audience expects a show, a performance, not really a chat or pub philosophical musings. They don't want a "Wouldn't it be funny if", they want a "Look!This is funny!".

Anyway, very good none the less. I liked the local guy, Tom or something, who was 1st on i think. I have a bit of a soft spot for anyone talking about neds.

By the way, did you see Ross Noble wen he was on telly not long after that Opening Comedy Night? I actually DID do myself an injury laughing at him. Fantastic.

By the way, it is an honour being your first post on this thread. Could you please tell a member of the Comedysock to bloody run an emailing list cos me and none of my friends hav had any since Freshers' Week and would absolutely love to go to all the Comedy Nights.Ta.Goodbye.
edstercw

Return to Comedy Soc