Home

TheSinner.net

Who runs Deviant noise?

This is the Deviant Noise Message Board. Topics can range from anything from music to Deviant Noise events. Check here for updates on special events Deviant Noise will be apart of, or is hosting. But don't feel the need to be limited to these topics. http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~deviant

Who runs Deviant noise?

Postby Fugaziboy on Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:11 pm

Hi there, just a general enquiry...

I graduated from St. Andrews last June, and was wondering who now runs this society now that Christine and Helen have both graduated. Just a general enquiry as I'm interested. The last I knew Deviant Noise was running down into mediocrity with playing incessant drum and bass crap.
Fugaziboy

hmmm....

Postby Bede on Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:22 pm

That would be me. Actually this year has gone really well, packed out events and our remit of music is getting bigger all the time - punk, ska, reggae, blues, funk, soul, industrial, dub, bhangra, hip-hop, and yes drum & bass. Plus we do nights in the Raisin as well now... things are good :).

Feel the need to say something about last year though. True, there was alot of drum & bass, but under Ali the society also made huge leaps in membership, popularity and atmosphere...

anyway, in conclusion, get yourself back up here for an event at some point - it's always fun to have the old gaurd around, and we promise you an awesome night!
Bede

drum and bass crap???

Postby starsky on Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:34 pm

i think you will find that Deviant Noise was the only society to play drum and bass in st andrews... and it was GREAT!!!
starsky

Re:

Postby morena on Wed May 05, 2004 10:46 pm

Actually, you might find that I am in charge now. Bwa ha ha ha!!
I second Bede on you coming to find out for yourself what Deviant Noise is like.
Ellie
morena

Dream on Ellie!

Postby Jane Ellaway on Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:12 pm

Come on Ellie! We all know that you're just a cover for Ali to control Deviant Noise from Edinburgh! We all saw ths coming and we all did nothing! We sat back and allowed ourselves to be over run by crazy people in baseball caps. You did this, you all did. I BLAME YOU ALL!!!

Sorry Ellie, just kidding! Nothing could be further from the truth! When is Ali coming back to visit and why isn't it sooner. I do blame you for this Ellie. Take your man in hand and get him back here!
Jane Ellaway

Re:

Postby underworlddreams on Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:04 pm

[s]Jane Ellaway wrote on 15:12, 11th Jun 2004:
Take your man in hand and get him back here!

That is going on the quotes list, Jane! :)

BTW - bored, by any chance?

[hr]
They say that if you play a Windows Install CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. That's nothing - play it forwards, and it installs Windows...
underworlddreams

Bored? Doing an office job?

Postby Jane Ellaway on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:47 am

Fenton! You too, huh?
Quick update for those who wanna know:
I'm back in Surrey, working behind a reception desk 9-5. But only for another 9 weeks then I'm out here.

Quotes list? I know no Quotes list....
Jane Ellaway

Return to Deviant Noise