Home

TheSinner.net

Fashion Show

This is the Deviant Noise Message Board. Topics can range from anything from music to Deviant Noise events. Check here for updates on special events Deviant Noise will be apart of, or is hosting. But don't feel the need to be limited to these topics. http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~deviant

Fashion Show

Postby underworlddreams on Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:41 am

Just wanted to say - IT BLOODY WELL RULED!!

Well done to all concerned!

[hr]They say that if you play a Windows Install CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. That's nothing - play it forwards, and it installs Windows...
underworlddreams

Re:

Postby Bede on Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:35 am

Absolutely awesome. Big thank you to the committee who made it happen, and all the kids who turned up and brought us some atmosphere!
Bede

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:29 am

thanks should also be given to the people who gave up two days of their life to set up and paint the set, and lights,

mainly the porters, Bruce, and the Ents Team. i was in there on wednesday all afternoon until 9pm, and on thrusday from 10am-1:30am with a three hour gap for my geoscience practical.

one critique i do have was the apparent lack of organisation between our two bodies, i was on the CANS communication mics for the duration of the evening, trying to relay some information back, however i was getting nothing from you lot, so when it all started up we were a tiny bit shocked, it would also have been better if you had asked for a microphone or something,

[hr]Mohawk

Ents Crew Member

There is No "I" In Ents

http://www.rawxing.org/ents
Mohawk

Re:

Postby Bede on Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:47 pm

Yeah, appologies for missing you guys out. Ents worked really hard for this, and we are very appreciative of their efforts. Will attempt to bear the problems in mind for the next event we put on - I'm sure some sort of system for communication can be developed.

Cheers guys!
Bede

Re:

Postby Tryptophan on Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:10 pm

Hi, from another ENT that managed to get there to put a hand or two in, not like some of the others though. (IE they did a fsckload of work ;)

Really a quick message to the DJ's more than anything.

While they were great at playing tunes they seemed to know very little about audio, being:-

1)Mixer Channel clipping. Turn the gain down!...if you can hear clipping its too high.

2)mixer output clipping, the lil red lights on the desk VU's are not score meters, red = BAD!

3)The same goes for the compressor/limiter, its there to save the PA, not so you can try and fry it.

Keep your feed signal clean and then use the master outs, the poweramps will do all the work you need.

Other than that it was a damn good night, just that sometimes people get a bit carried away by the whole "OMFG, how loud?!!" aspect of the V1 rig and forget that all that headroom is about high output sound quality, not just about raw Db.
Tryptophan

Deviant Bop

Postby Blanche on Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:47 pm

That was SO MUCH FUN!

You guys should push for a regular slot in Venue 1. I'm sure it would be a lot more popular than whatever normally goes on on a Thursday night, and the sound and atmosphere work out better than in Venue 2 (although your gigs there are of course also pretty cool).
Blanche

Re:

Postby underworlddreams on Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:40 pm

[s]Tryptophan wrote on 14:10, 26th Mar 2004:
Really a quick message to the DJ's more than anything.

While they were great at playing tunes they seemed to know very little about audio, being:-

1)Mixer Channel clipping. Turn the gain down!...if you can hear clipping its too high.

2)mixer output clipping, the lil red lights on the desk VU's are not score meters, red = BAD!

3)The same goes for the compressor/limiter, its there to save the PA, not so you can try and fry it.

Keep your feed signal clean and then use the master outs, the poweramps will do all the work you need.

Just wondering if it was just the D'n'B guys towards the end that you mean, or if I should be paying attention too. I was on first with the Rock set, and I'm kinda paranoid I should be taking notes, despite actually knowing what you mean and (usually) paying attention to it while DJing...

[hr]
They say that if you play a Windows Install CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. That's nothing - play it forwards, and it installs Windows...
underworlddreams

Return to Deviant Noise