Home

TheSinner.net

Help - students of other unis interested in Poker...

This board is the forum for the University of St Andrews Poker Society. Everyone is invited to post here regarding all matters poker! Also check here for latest society news and events - Poker Society website

Help - students of other unis interested in Poker...

Postby christian_harris on Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:44 pm

Dear All,

I am trying to find the contact details of as many students as possible who have an interest in, or could, if nudged in the right direction, have an interest in poker.

If you know anyone at another University who fits these criteria, could you possiby let me have their contact details please?

Thanks,
Christian
christian_harris

Re:

Postby womble chris on Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:35 am

oh lordy...not sure if trying to play poker at 10.30am is a good idea after a 7pm-230am drinking session the night before is a good idea, but ill give it a go anyway! Somehow cheated my hangover which is a rare godsend.

enough rambling,

i have a mate at cambridge uni who is currently in asia travelling but when he gets back ill let you know of his details, he plays a lot and has won 12000 pounds since september on the internet (thats about 11500 more than me!).
womble chris

Re:

Postby christian_harris on Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:52 am

LOL

Well fortunately he'll be hearing about the events anyway as the Cambridge will be coming up for the Championship.

Ideally I'm looking for students at Universities that don't yet have a poker society...
christian_harris

aaarrrgggGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby womble chris on Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:38 am

id rather of had a really bad hangover and not sodding woken up yet

arrgghhhh...rage strikes....

playing 2-4, 3 player table (aaargghhh with rage at the injustice i just experienced)

had 66 dollars in my account

sat down on the table, got quite good cards and played them pretty darn well, went up to 130 odd, then get the most obscene run of cards, with this absolute bell called 'nuttsup' who i will shot his kneecaps off if i meet him, catching everyone against me and making your classic bets and calls with crappy overcard or lowest pair and then catching something to beat me....lost it all....arrgghhh...

only about 20 mins ago i had 130, now sod all!!!
arrggghhhh

really should of stopped on 130

130 is going to take a lot of good cards and good play to win....arrgghhh....

i dont mind playing and staying on the same amount, but when i lose pretty big, as you will know, not only do you have to win to win back the losses, but then win to be up, so rather than me ending up on 130 in 1 session of play, im now going to need to get lucky in the next two sessions, and so in total take 3 sessions and may not even be up as much as 130, maybe even furthur down

rage and rant over!

now, where's that credit card....
womble chris

Re:

Postby womble chris on Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:52 am

now ive calmed down im doing what any sensible poker player would do, reload with another 100 dollars and up the limits to win back those losses, 3-6....am tempted by 10-20 but thought bringing only 100 to table wouldnt quite do the trick...
womble chris

Restraint

Postby christian_harris on Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:05 am

Rule number 1 of online poker - there are so many good games out there, so why stay in a bad game?

If you feel like you're loosing your grip on a game (whether you're up or down), just cut your losses and leave the table. Go find a better game with more bad players who's money you can take.

There's no excuse for staying at table that you're not comfortable with for whatever reason.
christian_harris

cheers

Postby womble chris on Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:25 am

wise words, i agree

this guy just vexed me as he made silly calls and bets and then was saved by the river with usually 3-7 outs

but yeah, i need to leave good player games earlier than i do and i need to leave when ive had a good run of cards and am up a fair bit.

at least my tilt mode got lucky, won a quick 34 dollars at the $3-$6 and then left the table the hand after, cashed back out the 1oo dollars
and then won another 12 dollars
so after a mornings play only down $20 despite feeling like a god when up to 130 and then suicidal when lost it all, thats why i play poker

edited to make more sense, too confusing otherwise
womble chris

Abertay

Postby ally_abertay on Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:45 pm

I'm Ally Edward, the VP of the Abertay Students' Association.
We are starting Sunday Poker nights at our Freshers' Fortnight this September.
I was emailing a chap from st.andrews (christian? or someone) about a possible partnership or inter-uni poker games (in which you will kick our arses, cos we're new!) with yourselves and the nutters (hehe) over at Dundee U.

Just wanted to let everyone else know that Abertay will have a busy Poker Scoiety, with hopefully alot of players V. soon.

laters,

Ally

OMG - that was such a non-post! hehe
ally_abertay

Re: Abertay

Postby christian_harris on Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:47 pm

Hi Ally,

Yes it's me, Christian (moderator of this forum too!) who you were talking to.

Everyone - feel free to send me an email at poker@st-and.ac.uk if you're interested.

I will also mention it at ouor first meeting, and will send out the news in a bulk email once Term starts.

CH
christian_harris

Return to Poker Society