Home

TheSinner.net

First series you watched?

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

First series you watched?

Postby loveridge on Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:34 pm

Mine would have to be the classic comedy capers of the Samurai Pizza Cats. Was watching some of the episodes last night. ^_^

[hr]IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
loveridge

Re:

Postby Rezo on Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:45 am

SPC was shown so long ago, I can't remember when I first saw it :) But ones I can remember watching first were Mysterious Cities of Gold and Ulysees 31, in 1986.
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Ah, nostalgia...

Postby hunter on Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:05 pm

[s]Rezo wrote on 10:45, 7th Dec 2002:
SPC was shown so long ago, I can't remember when I first saw it :) But ones I can remember watching first were Mysterious Cities of Gold and Ulysees 31, in 1986.

Actually, SPC was shown more recently than either of the other two. It was shown on Saturday mornings, on a show called Motormouth.

The first animé I watched was almost certainly Ulysses 31. That was followed rapidly by MCoG. However, the first animé I watched and realised it was something different was Robotech: The Movie. I hired it out of a video store at age 8 or so.

Ah, them were the days.

[hr]
"History, Sir, will tell lies as usual."
--General John Burgoyne in The Devil's Disciple
"History, Sir, will tell lies as usual."
--General John Burgoyne in [i:3s2c05mb]The Devil's Disciple[/i:3s2c05mb]
hunter

Re:

Postby loveridge on Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:33 pm

Were the dubs good then? ;)

loveridge

Re:

Postby Lord Albrecht on Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:29 pm

would have to have been laputa

goddamit such a good film, and apparently out for re-release soon :)
Lord Albrecht

Re:

Postby loveridge on Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:49 pm

Ulysees 31, I think, still shows on Fox Kids. SPC episodes can easily be downloaded, but I think MCOG is nowhere to be seen.

loveridge

Re:

Postby Lord Albrecht on Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:46 am

not as hard to find as you think there a little thin on the ground but can be found on p2p programs like kazaa lite and i-mesh
Lord Albrecht

Thundersub????

Postby Cartoon nostalgic =o) on Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:31 pm

What the H... was the name of that cartoon (also Japanese I think) with this submarine that wasd fighting off some aliens... later in the series it got the ability to go into space. Was it called "Thundersub" or sumthin? It was aired like 10 years ago

If you can remember, I'd reallyt appreaciate you mailing me @: rudijn@hotmail.com

s]loveridge wrote on 19:34, 6th Dec 2002:
Mine would have to be the classic comedy capers of the Samurai Pizza Cats. Was watching some of the episodes last night. ^_^

Cartoon nostalgic =o)

A lot

Postby Yaone on Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:08 pm

I can't remember the real first I ever watched but I should have been Pokemon, Laputa castle in the sky or Digimon. Lots of difference from the ones I watch now even though I'm only a few years older. ;P
Yaone

Series???

Postby eek on Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:30 pm

God so many to mentioned...

i think one of the very first i can recall that I watched was Voltes V... :D
eek

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:03 pm

Unless the old memory is not working correctly today, I think it was Trigun. I seem to recollect seeing Vampire Hunter D, Akira, and Laputa when I was younger but these are films so they do not count I guess.

On a vaguely related note, I saw Vampire Hunter D again a few weeks ago - I didn't remember it being that bad. The dialogue was positively painful, and the plot crazy, but I'm sure I thought it was good when i first saw it.

Has anyone else seen this, and are their memories of it similarly out of kilter?
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

All of them

Postby Robin on Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:17 pm

The first cartoon I remember watching was battle of the planets, then through the years it moved from Transformers, He-man, Thundercats, Teenage mutant Hero turtles, Thunderbird 20...something, Jason and the wheeled warriors, Ulysees 31, Mysterious cities of gold, Visionares, Centurions, Galaxy rangers, Bravestar. And my knowledge goes on, I have quite a few of these on VHS that I recorded when I was a kid.
Anyone wants to contact me it's rlbaines@hotmail.com or rlbaines@yahoo.co.uk
Robin

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:53 pm

Mine was Voltron.

[s]Unregisted User Lord Albrecht wrote on 11:28, 27th Jan 2003:
would have to have been laputa

goddamit such a good film, and apparently out for re-release soon :)

Castle in the Sky was released on DVD in the US last month. Also released on DVD through Disney Miramax were: Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is receiving a Japanese DVD release, then next Spring, the US will get the DVD release. The deal between Studio Ghibli and Disney/Miramax states that films can only be released globally after the Japanese release.

Apparently, pre-orders for the Nausicaa DVD are very high. The special edition (both regular and deluxe) sold out online within ONE hour. One of my colleagues had to get the $250 special edition set rather than the $45 set because it was sold out so quickly.

[hr]
Samus
--
"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser
samus

Thundersub

Postby Drwho on Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:42 pm

it was called thundersub but alos known as blue noah.If u know where to get a hold of the tv series let me know
Drwho

Return to Project Anime