Home

TheSinner.net

Stirring up activity

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Stirring up activity

Postby Dee on Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:58 pm

Ok, 3 topics isn't really justifying the creation of the board. We need a topic so agreeable to all, that everyone will naturally want to express support. So without further ado,

Why Pokemon is so great!

Pokemon is a really great program with lots of fun characters. Pokemon has Pikachu who is really cool, becase he looks so cute, but in reality is so dangerous.

Pokemon also features the most charming cast of children, whose hi-jinks cannot help but add to the amsuement factor of the program. Each one is like a little cartoon Macaulay Culkin!

Plus the quality of the dialogue naturally leaves other anime in the dust.

But it's the fight scenes where pokemon really has a chance to shine. All those cool powers waiting to be unleashed, and the best bit is that they can improve. I can't help but shiver with excitement at the thought of what new powers await the charmander in combat when it evolves into a charmeleon at lvl 16!!!!!

Pokemon is obviously brilliant becuse it has such a huge market share, and is destroying companies selling other similar, but inferior, products. It's also attracting younger audiences, which cannot help but be a good thing.

Go Pokemon!
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby loveridge on Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:27 pm

You actually watch that pile of crap?

[hr]IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
loveridge

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:04 am

Pokemon is, on the base, a kind of cat and mouse, with gladiatorial mazoku (monsters).

By the way, I do remember the time when there was an episode of Pokemon that had lots of strobe lighting that caused hundreds of kids to be hospitalised due to fitting! Aagh! I don't think they showed that episode in the UK
Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:38 am

[s]General Porkov wrote on 00:04, 12th Dec 2002:
Pokemon is, on the base, a kind of cat and mouse, with gladiatorial mazoku (monsters).

No, no! It's so much more than that. It presents us with an insightful, yet entertaining look at childhood. The symbolism of the baseball caps, and of course the mazoku, are all too apparent, so I shall not belabour these. Similarly the yellow hue of Pikachu needs no further analysis, but what does need more consideration is the presence of Team Rocket - the obvious interpretation is of course that this is a statement about the changing nature of childhood, but I would suggest it may be more of an examination of the role of the ego, and the willingness to sublimate it, in social interaction. Of course some have chosen to see it as an indictment of tradition and authority - but such an obvious interpretation has no doubt already occured to you.

Thoughts? :-)

By the way, I do remember the time when there was an episode of Pokemon that had lots of strobe lighting that caused hundreds of kids to be hospitalised due to fitting! Aagh! I don't think they showed that episode in the UK

Ooops! Of course they'll have fixed it now so the subliminal messages in the program don't prompt such violent reactions.

"Must go out and buy Pokemon cards for me and all my friends now. Christmas is coming so I can get more money, and spend it all on Pokemon!!!!!"
Dee

Re:

Postby loveridge on Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:09 am

Pokemon is too damn repetitive and boring.

Why are we talking about this pile anyway?

loveridge

Pokemon cards

Postby General Porkov on Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:56 am

By the way, Dee, I am most likely selling my Pokemon card game cards! The game was done by the same lot who did Magic - The Gathering
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:23 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 08:56, 12th Dec 2002:
By the way, Dee, I am most likely selling my Pokemon card game cards! The game was done by the same lot who did Magic - The Gathering

Get ye behind me Porkov!

What exactly are you doing with Pokemon cards anyway?

Fortunately for you, general interest in our society is far from overwhelming, else it'd make for a society scandal.

"Project Anime is cover for underground trade in Pokemon cards. General Porkov outed as avid collector - "I just gotta catch them all," he quipped as he was dragged off by the society threat."
Dee

I bring you the Pokemon of Hellfire

Postby hunter on Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:55 pm

Pokémon?! The best thing you can think about to post on this forum is Pokémon?!

Ah well, I recognise when a thread has been started to annoy those of us with good taste.

Pokémon is an exceedingly poor animé. It has flat characters, low production values and no point whatsoever.

As for the CCG, I couldn't comment, except to say that CCGs in general are a waste of money, and they tend to eat your souls.

We will not be showing Pokémon again at the Project whilst I have any say in the matter. It sucks.

I think I'll give this thread the consideration it deserves, and ignore it from now on. Frankly, I've better things to do than deal with Squeakachoo fans.

If you want a more succinct summary of my opion of Pokémon, I'll just say Poké'GONE and leave it at that.

Oh, while I remember...

Dee, you have been irrevocably contaminated. Remain at your current location. Per will be despatched to deal with your probelm immediately. Let the purge commense.

[hr]"History, Sir, will tell lies as usual."
--General John Burgoyne in The Devil's Disciple
"History, Sir, will tell lies as usual."
--General John Burgoyne in [i:3s2c05mb]The Devil's Disciple[/i:3s2c05mb]
hunter

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:15 pm

Oh, while I remember...

Dee, you have been irrevocably contaminated. Remain at your current location. Per will be despatched to deal with your problem immediately. Let the purge commence.

I think Per has been set to kill me on 4 seperate occasions now. If it will delay my untimely demise any -

IMAGE:zoom.cafepress.com/8/222068_zoom.jpg
Dee

Re:

Postby loveridge on Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:28 pm

ROTFLMAO

Death to the yellow rodent.

loveridge

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:39 pm

[s]loveridge wrote on 02:09, 12th Dec 2002:
Pokemon is too damn repetitive and boring.

Why are we talking about this pile anyway?

Because I'm a troublemaker who lacks a well adjusted personality, but does possess copious free time.
Dee

End of subject?

Postby General Porkov on Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:33 pm

Don't worry Dee, I don't remember Per being ordered to kill you. I'm sure that only exec committee members can be used to despatch Per to execute people.
Hunter, however, is a non-exec committee member, so I don't think he has that authority.

Posting the Pokegone picture shall be interpreted as a sign of repentance

By the way, my days of playing the Pokemon card game were before I came to this University.

Nuff said on the issue!
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby loveridge on Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:17 pm

Question: Can the swear box which involves saying the "P" word include the forum as well?

loveridge

Re:

Postby Rezo on Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:29 am

[s]hunter wrote on 12:55, 12th Dec 2002:
We will [i]not
be showing Pokémon again at the Project whilst I have any say in the matter.[/i]

Sssh, that's an admission that we have shown some in the past. Gotta brush'em all under the carpet....
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

pokemon cards

Postby jade89 on Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:52 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 08:56, 12th Dec 2002:

whick ones i will buy them
jade89

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:12 pm

Well, jade89, it'll be about a week before I get to see my collection of Pokemon cards (they're at home). Also, before entering into any negotiations, any monetary transactions would have to be in UK pounds, not Euros or dollars, as I am a UK person

Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:50 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 21:12, 31st Jul 2003:
Well, jade89, it'll be about a week before I get to see my collection of Pokemon cards (they're at home). Also, before entering into any negotiations, any monetary transactions would have to be in UK pounds, not Euros or dollars, as I am a UK person

So did you obtain any filthy lucre from this illicit trade in P-word (must be careful - Loveridge out to get me) cards? I'll resist commenting on the no Euros stipulation as this would be politics which we're not allowed to talk about.
Dee

POKEMON ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Lilly Giovanni's Daughter on Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:04 pm

and so does,Yu-Gi-Oh,Beyblade, & Digimon!!! :D
Lilly Giovanni's Daughter

Re:

Postby Dee on Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:18 am

This thread does not deserve resurrection.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:45 pm

[s]Dee wrote on 11:18, 19th Oct 2003:
This thread does not deserve resurrection.

It so does ^_^
My brother and my mate are both really into the Yu-Gi-Oh card game - not only have they spent many many pounds on buying the cards so they can play wonderful games against each other and my kid sister but my brother also owns the playstation game and my mate has the GameBoy Advance game...

I have seen many episodes of YuGiOh...and i'm still trying to find the point to it...i'm sure it's in there somewhere...although kudos to them for making such a damn complicated card game out of it ^_-

And yeah...i've watched damn near every episode of Digimon...i liked it - how could you not love Guilmon? He's so sweet! Of course, Agumon can go hang himself as far as i'm concerned and Davis right along with him :P

edited to add in a bit about Beyblade :

The only good thing about Beyblade is the character Kai and that's only cos i'm into the brooding serious types who can whoop your ass without even trying...and even then...wow, he's a master at "letting it rip" *snorts with laughter*

[hr]
"Of course, it is very important to be sober when you take an exam. Many worthwhile careers in the street-cleansing, fruit-picking, and subway-guitar-playing industries have been founded on a lack of understanding of this simple fact."
---Terry Pratchett
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Return to Project Anime