Home

TheSinner.net

Rebuild of Eva

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Rebuild of Eva

Postby Thalia on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:37 pm

Since Eva was mentioned at the showing before, what are our opinions on the Rebuild of Eva? Good idea? Cheap way of getting lots of people to spend money on a story that we already know? Apparently the first movie did really well at the Japanese box office :-)

Personally i'm looking forward to it - i wonder if the ending will be even more depressing than the first. I wonder if that's even possible.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby October on Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:58 am

Well I for one want to see it.
And It's said that the ending will "make more sense", and be less ambiguous. what ever that means when in the context of EVA, is anyones guess really.

[hr]

Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby Scurve Kano on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:49 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuild_of_Evangelion

Frankly I'm surprised Gainax didn't strong-arm Anno into doing this years ago. After all, there are still millions of people world wide clamouring for more EVA. Hey, we've already got two endings- what harm could another one do!

The live action film- that is a work of pure eeevil. Fortunately, it seems to be trapped in development hell!

Also, for the fanboyz/girlz: Rei>Asuka
"Take me to the Gardens of the Sinner,
Bury me and let me rest in peace
Now the time of truth has come for everyone
The fallen angel stands in victory"
-Gamma Ray
Scurve Kano

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:39 pm

I'm wondering if Shinji will be less of a submissive wimp in this new version, he was a bit more outgoing in the manga version (as outgoing as you can be when you're as messed up as he is anyway). They might well make Rei a bit more human in this version too - i think in the manga she actually fell in love with Shinji :-/

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Spiryt on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:42 pm

Watch, definitely. Pay to do so? That's another question.

And as for the fanboyism, Misato >> ALL

[hr]

When you call me a useless druggie, at least you got half of it right... But when you call me a hopeless alcoholic, I'm only hopeless after 9 at night.
I meant every word I said, But only said half the words I meant
There's a load more where they came from, I suppose will get left unsent
Spiryt

Return to Project Anime