Home

TheSinner.net

Fushigi Yuugi

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Fushigi Yuugi

Postby Spiryt on Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:25 am

(Apologies in advance if this shows up more than once, forgot to log in and don't feel like waiting 'till next year until the unreg posts get sorted through again :-P)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEMeUy7BPM0

Does anyone else think it's a good idea to show this at PA? I know it's a monster 52 episodes, but worth it IMO. Good story and great character development... You know you want to...

[hr]

When you call me a useless druggie, at least you got half of it right... But when you call me a hopeless alcoholic, I'm only hopeless after 9 at night.
I meant every word I said, But only said half the words I meant
There's a load more where they came from, I suppose will get left unsent
Spiryt

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:48 am

Ha, i have cunningly been made the admin for this board - your unreg post has been read and now deleted cos i hate multiple posts ;-)

I've always fancied watching fushigi yuugi, mainly cos there's a love story in it and i'm a sucker for things like that which is pretty much the reason i love CCS and Tsubasa:RC so much :-)

So in short - yay, let's watch it! ^-^

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby October on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:32 pm

Lets not.
For a few reasons.

I'll start with the weakest and worst reason, (but will be said by others any way): It's Shôjo. And while there are a few girls in PA it mostly seems to be guys that turn up, do we really want Steve and Patrick yelling "Bishy" anytime a 'guy' walks on screen?
The counter to this would be more girls might show up if we show more of this kind of thing. But then that’s a big ‘might’ and we could lose the members that do come along.

Second reason and only slightly better:
After looking through the wiki on it.
It doesn't seem all that interesting (IMO). Kinda looks like Escaflowne, but with more episodes.
But I could be wrong, it has happened in the past.

But the 3rd and best reason I can think of is:
It's length.
It's 52 episodes. And though I think that could fit in to a whole semester (therefore needing to be shown in Semester 2 (which it's self is shorter)), also I'm not sure PA could maintain a significant leave of interest in something that long. If we where going after something that long, we’d probably be best starting with something that would more well known and could maybe sustain a large interest. Something like FMA for example.
Also (and more importantly) is the cost of all 52 episodes. Sure it's over 10 years old now and might have gone down in price, but after paying back for the anime we have, we are kinda shy on founds right now.

The only other reason I can think against it, would be the decision Phil and myself took at our first committee meeting.
Which was to only show anime that either me &/or Phil had seen. This is because, it's like the "PA Stamp of Approval", we'll only show anime we can put our names too.

HOWever, best way around this is to say you own all the episodes on DVD, and we'll lock Phil in a darkened room so he can watch them all. Either he'll give the "PA Stamp of Approval", or be turned in to a pile of mush. Either way we'll have our answer.

So Email Phil.

[hr]

Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:21 pm

Aw, you're no fun. Perhaps i shall just download it and add it to my growing list of anime to be watched.

And what was wrong with escaflowne? :-P

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Spiryt on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:00 pm

Quoting October from 12:32, 9th Nov 2007
Which was to only show anime that either me &/or Phil had seen. This is because, it's like the "PA Stamp of Approval", we'll only show anime we can put our names too.

I find that statement amusing... You put your name to Puni Puni Poemi, but have second thoughts about Fushigi Yuugi? Double standards, I think :-P

Edit: Now for some constructive criticism of your criticism :)

As for length, I was thinking show that over 2 semesters, next year- I wouldn't subject people to 6 episodes a night, regardless of quality. Also, show it during the latter part of the evening, so people who are not into it have the opportunity of simply leaving early (As with Samurai 7). As for owning the DVD's... PA has a budget for a reason. We already have a vast selection, and if people are interested then buying one DVD to 'test the waters' wouldn't be all that bad.

[hr]

When you call me a useless druggie, at least you got half of it right... But when you call me a hopeless alcoholic, I'm only hopeless after 9 at night.
I meant every word I said, But only said half the words I meant
There's a load more where they came from, I suppose will get left unsent
Spiryt

Re:

Postby Scurve Kano on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:54 pm

Not everything that gets requested can be shown. 'fact most of it can't be.

's always seemed odd to me that people demand that series they like be shown- I'm really enjoying this semester precisely because we're not showing stuff that I've seen! :P But hey, if that gives you power...

I'm also by October throwing his weight around like it matters. Bless. *hugs*

Also no one told me about change of admin- my old Sinner profile died, which I assume is the reason. I don't really care, but don't be surprised if I leave horses heads in your bed for your lack of respect. :D

[hr]

"Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends."
-First Cortana Letter
"Take me to the Gardens of the Sinner,
Bury me and let me rest in peace
Now the time of truth has come for everyone
The fallen angel stands in victory"
-Gamma Ray
Scurve Kano

Re:

Postby D-ko on Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:14 am

Well, I do hate to be a spoilsport, but 52 eps is really just too much. I couldnt show FMA for the same reason:(
Still, I appreciate the suggestion....lots of people should suggest mant things! then I have to do less stuff! XD

[hr]

Lookin at my watch, time 3 A.M.
Got to see that everywhere I turn will
Point to the fact that time is Eternal
KLF
Lookin at my watch, time 3 A.M.
Got to see that everywhere I turn will
Point to the fact that time is Eternal
KLF
D-ko

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:32 am

Quoting Scurve Kano from 20:54, 10th Nov 2007
Also no one told me about change of admin- my old Sinner profile died, which I assume is the reason. I don't really care, but don't be surprised if I leave horses heads in your bed for your lack of respect. :D

I was given the power to moderate a couple weeks back when there were unreg posts found from before Christmas ;-)

[hr]

--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Scurve Kano on Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:50 pm

Quoting Thalia from 02:32, 11th Nov 2007

I was given the power to moderate a couple weeks back when there were unreg posts found from before Christmas ;-)

[hr]

Righto. have fun!!

[hr]

-First Cortana Letter
-Gamma Ray
Scurve Kano

Re:

Postby Scurve Kano on Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:50 pm

Quoting Thalia from 02:32, 11th Nov 2007

[hr]

Righto. have fun!!

[hr]

-First Cortana Letter
-Gamma Ray
Scurve Kano

Return to Project Anime