Home

TheSinner.net

Cowboy Bebop movie!!!

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Cowboy Bebop movie!!!

Postby Kitsuri on Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:34 pm

Yes, it's true. On April 4th, a Cowboy Bebop movie will be released! And how do I know? Good question... I'm doing some promotion work with the company that's promoting the movie!! Awesome, huh? Go tell your otaku friends! Why tell them? Because this is an event that all lovers of CB should not miss out on.. That, and it's taking anime a step further!! Aren't you excited?! I know I am. ^_^ When it comes out, everyone must go see it!!! Check here : http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/cowboybebop/ for theatre listings to see if it'll be playing at a theatre near you!!!
Kitsuri

Re:

Postby loveridge on Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:06 pm

Do you know what otaku means?

[hr]IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
loveridge

Re:

Postby Disgruntled MIjit on Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:50 pm

[s]loveridge wrote on 18:06, 19th Mar 2003:
Do you know what otaku means?

This means a really big fan of anime like anime is this persons oppsesion. A person like this would know every question asked about any anime.
Disgruntled MIjit

Re:

Postby loveridge on Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:27 am

*rolls eyes* If you said you were an otaku in Japan, it would class as an insult. Otaku is basically your Japanese version of what we would call an anroak

IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
loveridge

CB The Movie

Postby Not Important on Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:13 pm

This is America so certain words take on different meanings here. So that otaku in America is worn like a badge for all to see just like a Trekkie fan (spelling?)loves to show how obsessed they are with Star Trek. All rules that apply in Japan don't necesssarily apply here
Not Important

Re:

Postby Kimmie on Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:33 pm

Yes but isn't Otaku a Japanese word? It still has the same meaning. Bonjour means the same thing in France as it does in the US as it does in Australia.

And FYI, this isn't America, this messageboard is in the UK or did the .co.uk part of the address miss you?

[hr]I don't mind what happens now and then, as long as you'll be my friend at the end.
I don't mind what happens now and then, as long as you'll be my friend at the end.
Kimmie

Cruel and Unusual Geography

Postby hunter on Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:42 am

[s]Unregisted User Not Important wrote on 17:14, 31st Mar 2003:
This is America

Uhhh....

No it's not. Not last time I checked. Did someone move St. Andrews without telling me?

Ah, whatever. My geography was never up to much.

I'm still fairly certain this is the UK, tho'.

That aside, your point is well made. The term "Otaku" is indeed a Japanese work, and was adopted - originally by Americans - in the same way that the Trekkies adopted the word "Trekker" to serve as a moniker for their fandom.

*Waits for flames from the Trekkies*

[hr]
"History, Sir, will tell lies as usual."
--General John Burgoyne in The Devil's Disciple
"History, Sir, will tell lies as usual."
--General John Burgoyne in [i:3s2c05mb]The Devil's Disciple[/i:3s2c05mb]
hunter

Return to Project Anime