Home

TheSinner.net

New Board Admin's Reign begins NOW

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

New Board Admin's Reign begins NOW

Postby General Porkov on Wed May 28, 2003 11:56 am

I have just been informed that the transfer of administration of this board from me to the new board admin has finally happened!

Da New Board Admin is loveridge!!

Now, loveridge, da roolz are simple:
Check for unregistered user messages at least 1 or 2 times per day, even during holiday time (so they don't mount up)
No Hentai!
No Hentai fangirls!
No Spam!
No Politics!
Anything else is down to common sense or your judgement!

It is also recommended that you check the society's University e-mail account at least 1 or 2 times every day (including holidays), getting rid of spam. If you don't, you may find that the account quota is totally maxed out due to junk!!

Finally, have fun! The general message board community isn't that nasty!

Doom Lord General Porkov
Former Project Anime Board Admin
All Your Pigs and Igs are Belong To Us!
Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed May 28, 2003 12:19 pm

Damn you Porkov! You can't do this to me.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed May 28, 2003 12:41 pm

Counter offensive. Thankyou for letting me know your weak points.

You fool!

http://www.animetric.com/tuv/uro.html

A summary of Urotsukidoji - but I'm sure it can't be as good as actually seeing it you lucky, lucky people. :-P

http://anime.101main.com/fangirls/hentai_pie/

A fangirl's site. Which is actually quite a nice site. I especially liked this page:

http://anime.101main.com/fangirls/henta ... sored.html

What?

http://spam.abuse.net/

Ok, that's spam taken care off. What next?

http://hurryupharry.blogspot.com/

Politics, done.

[hr]"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."
- Jean-Paul Sartre
Dee

Re:

Postby loveridge on Thu May 29, 2003 9:26 pm

Previous post deleted due to hentai and spam.

Man I love being a mod XD

[hr]IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
loveridge

Nice Nukage!!!

Postby General Porkov on Thu May 29, 2003 9:33 pm

Nice nuking of Dee's message referring to hentai and spam! A nice test of your skills as board moderator, loveridge!

I must admit, I saw that one coming!

Nuk3 d4 H3nT415!

Doom Lord Porkov
Be kind to Pigs and Igs!!!
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:33 pm

[s]loveridge wrote on 22:26, 29th May 2003:
Previous post deleted due to hentai and spam.

Man I love being a mod XD

What hentai and spam?

Good God! This is looking like being a Reign of Terror already.
Dee

Out of curiosity

Postby General Porkov on Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:30 pm

By the way, loveridge, in the amount of time that you've been board admin, how many spam or hentai messages have you deleted/ removed from registered and unregistered users so far?

Another cause I had for deleting messages from unregistered users was 'unnecessary duplication', i.e two or more messages that looked more or less the same.

Doom Lord General Porkov
All Your Pigs and Igs Are Belong to Us!
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Rezo on Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:36 pm

[s]Dee wrote on 13:33, 9th Jun 2003:Good God! This is looking like being a Reign of Terror already.
[/i]

You're right, and it must be stopped. I hereby declare to everyone that I, the Red Priest Rezo, otherwise known as "that" flying island, am throwing the full weight of my powers behind Dee's campaign to take over the World! Muahahahaha! Nothing can stop us now!
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby loveridge on Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:28 pm

Ah there shall be no reign of terror. Just keep posts to the rules or your post faces the deletion button ^_~

As for message deleting, none at present. The post Dee made which I deleted is the only post so far.

[hr]IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
loveridge

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:55 pm

[s]Rezo wrote on 23:36, 10th Jun 2003:

You're right, and it must be stopped. I hereby declare to everyone that I, the Red Priest Rezo, otherwise known as "that" flying island, am throwing the full weight of my powers behind Dee's campaign to take over the World! Muahahahaha! Nothing can stop us now!

I surrender.
Dee

Re:

Postby Rezo on Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:01 am

Waaugh!! Traitor!! Right, time to take control myself. *Kidnaps Dee and drags him to his floating island*

With Dee as my prisoner/lackey/hostage/secretary/tea butler, I'm launching my own quest to take over the world! First stop: Project Anime (mainly for Richard's Nadesico DVD's :) ).
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Ha Ha Nice Try Rezo

Postby General Porkov on Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:23 pm

Eh, Evil Black Mage Rezo (if we find a pointy hat and suitable robes - a devious thought entered my mind), I think your world domination plans have probably hit some snags.
Firstly, your attempt at world domination of Project Anime would fail, as you recently finished at the University and you'd have no chance of getting onto committee unless you're coming back here to do a Masters or a PhD.
Secondly, I'm not going to be here next session, so you can't get my Nadesico Region 2 DVD's (Anyway, you should wait until I've got the entire series on DVD first - I've got 3 DVD's so far, No 4's coming next week). Or Alternatively, Rezo could order them himself [at £15+ per DVD after P&P]

Peace through Superior Firepower and Knowledge!
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:48 pm

Not that I'm going to post on these topics, but what about yaoi and/or yuri? Are those unacceptable topics on the BBS as well?

[hr]Samus
--
"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser
samus

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:38 am

Hmm, a bit of a grey area there!

When I was board admin (wasn't that long ago), I never dealt with yaoi/ yuri (which I think is the gay/ lesbian manga or anime [correct me if I'm wrong]), as no one referred to any of that stuff.

Referring to or linking to anything in it that's sexual would definitely be out of order. You could get away with posting comments about whether it was good/ bad but it would have to have no content in the comment or message that is illegal or sexual or downright offensive. I think the final say would be up to loveridge (current board admin)

There was one other reason for the 'No Hentai' rule (apart from the offensive/ sex/ illegal stuff). Basically, the society showed Urotsukidoji in the past and people thought it was crap!

Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:46 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 12:38, 14th Aug 2003:

There was one other reason for the 'No Hentai' rule (apart from the offensive/ sex/ illegal stuff). Basically, the society showed Urotsukidoji in the past and people thought it was crap!

Well in fairness you've only shown one - perhaps you could arrange a night for showing your private collection Porkov? I'll be avoiding it like the plague myself (being locked up in Rezo's castle in the sky and all) but just think of all the raincoat-wearing hentai enthusiasts you'll get!

Oh, and what the heck does yaoi mean literally? Clicking on a link not knowing what you're in for and shouting "yaoi!" perhaps, or is it an acronym or abbreviation of something in Japanese (with transliteration obviously)?
Dee

Re:

Postby loveridge on Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:21 pm

As far as it goes, comments are allow, but no linking to material.

And two actually refer to gay / lesiban sex. Yaoi is male, while the other is female.
loveridge

Re:

Postby samus on Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:33 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 12:38, 14th Aug 2003:

Haaah, yeah I was against showing Urotsukidoji, but in the interests of non-censorship and all that, the committee decided to let it be shown.

[hr]
samus
--
"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser
samus

One of the bad things about hindsight

Postby General Porkov on Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:07 pm

I guess that's one of the big problems with hindsight. You do something, then when you look back on it, you think that maybe it wasn't but then - mo osoi - TOO LATE TO FIX IT!

During the 2 years that I was society President, I may have made the odd blunder in the playlist.I may have thought that a particular film or series was a good idea. Then, after it's shown, you think that maybe it wasn't!

But then, there's only one way to formulate policy on something - show it! Take the chance! Sometimes you have to learn from your mistakes or you find that it wasn't a mistake!

So, I guess that I shouldn't be too stabby on a previous committee that allowed Urotsukidoji to be shown! If it wasn't that, it would be something else that may have been shown during the time I was on committee! Nobody's perfect (I know I'm not)! There's not enough time in the world for regret!

By the way, Dee, when did we show hentai during session 2001-2002 or 2002-2003. I don't remember there being any [at times, my memory's like a sieve at times]??

Hindsight sucks!

Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:18 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 23:07, 18th Aug 2003:
By the way, Dee, when did we show hentai during session 2001-2002 or 2002-2003. I don't remember there being any [at times, my memory's like a sieve at times]??

Actually I was just trying to slander your good name. I don't have a clue if you did show any. I've only been a member for half a year or so. Does it feel like longer?

Hindsight sucks!

Yup.
Dee

Return to Project Anime