Home

TheSinner.net

Fluffy Anime

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Fluffy Anime

Postby Dee on Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:22 am

When the alternative is reading papers on Non-Inductive Current anything looks good - even posting here. :-)

So, what are people's feelings on fluffy anime? Do they like it? Do they like it better than the "serious" anime? Does it depend heavily on the particular anime we're talking about? Have you any favourites, or any pet hates?

I really liked Magic Users Club, and Excel as I've said before. Slayers Next was fun as well. Whereas most of the serious anime I've seen isn't stuff I'd go out of my way to watch again. Trigun and Cowboy Beebop were okay, but they were hardly God's gift to animation. "Neon Genesis Evangelion" was perplexing to say the least, but I did enjoy it so I don't dislike them all.

Oh, I think Berserk would like to be serious anime, but it gives itself away by trying too hard, like a teenage boy wearing an aftershave called "Rampant" (thankyou Pterry).

I can't think of others off the top of my head - but the others I've seen aren't really up to much anyway.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Kimmie on Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:46 pm

Think it completely depends on the individual series. Current favourite "fluffy" anime is Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu (watch it if you can!).

Fluffy is just as important as serious.

[hr]I don't mind what happens now and then, as long as you'll be my friend at the end.
I don't mind what happens now and then, as long as you'll be my friend at the end.
Kimmie

Return to Project Anime