Home

TheSinner.net

Flamey type post about bestest anime ever

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:10 pm

[s]Rezo wrote on 17:07, 25th Nov 2003:
Dee, what have you done?

Oh, this and that. This was nothing really. :-)

(and how did you do it? I though I was holding you hostage... wait, you touched my computer terminal? You touched it? (!) )

Haha! Did you think such bonds could hold me? They were no match for my mighty brade of golden essence. I helped myself to the plans for a flying castle that were on the machine too - I figure there's no harm to us both aiming for world domination.

You have defiled the living, golden treasure that is Trigun (!). Oh, you will be remembered for this... We (we?), the loyal followers of Vash the Stampede, will have our revenge by distributing select Project Anime quotes... if we can find them, that is.

Heh! I'm clean...clean and white as the driven snow I tell you.

[i]I'd be a happy bunny if they'd show "Excel Saga" again, but since they showed it last year I doubt I'll get my wish.

Actually they probably won't show it ever again, considering the limited budget they run on, and that I've also taken the DVD's back home with me.
[/i]

Should have known. Darn!

[i]"If you want to find out about Now and Then, Here and There, the evil one, Rezo would know all about it!"

Oh yes, I know *all* about it... come, come to me... I'll teach you all about Hellywood, and the M9d p0w5r of King Hamdo-sama!!! Ahem, sorry... haven't been taking my medication recently.
[/i]

*Slap*

Speaking seriously though, I know I've contributed a lot of watching material to the society, and I was happy to do it :)

We were happy too. Well maybe not when we were watching Crest of the Stars, but apart from that I think everyone was very grateful.

Dee, I got the NTHT dvds from United Publications. They've been very reliable and convenient. Very pricy though. But worth it, considering the shipping delays Customs will bring down on you, if you try to ship any dvds into the country.

True. I'll contact them and find out how soon they expect to have copies of NTHT. Cheers Rezo.

[hr]
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.

- H. L. Mencken
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Kriedmar on Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:30 pm

OOhh! yay, the violence is beginning to emerge, c'mon someone grow a dog from their arm and blow the other's legs off, u know you want to!!! In the name of her majesty the queen!!!!!!

(anime) Fight Club!! WWOOOOOOO!!!! GO DEE, GO DEE!!

[hr]The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
Kriedmar

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:37 pm

Multiple exclamation marks are the sure sign of an insane mind...or a diseased mind depending on what book you choose to quote from - i choose to go with insane ^_-

And, Dee - i wanna flying castle too! Can i get a flying castle? Please? *flutters eyelids and clasps hands together in manner of cute child, while secretly hiding a dagger about her person in case the answer she gets is wrong*
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:39 am

[s]Kriedmar wrote on 13:30, 26th Nov 2003:
OOhh! yay, the violence is beginning to emerge, c'mon someone grow a dog from their arm and blow the other's legs off, u know you want to!!! In the name of her majesty the queen!!!!!!

(anime) Fight Club!! WWOOOOOOO!!!! GO DEE, GO DEE!!

I don't do dogs.

I have a device for turning my arm into a chipmunk, which doesn't do a lot of damage but the fact I've mastered the scientific principle is the important thing.

Violence? Oh you mean the aerial bombing of Rezo, his house, his family, his family's servants, his family's servants' tennis partners, and some chap I bumped into the other day called Francis. Price of progress, or so I'm told, or so I imagine I'm told.

[hr]
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.

- H. L. Mencken
Dee

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:46 am

[s]Thalia wrote on 16:37, 26th Nov 2003:
Multiple exclamation marks are the sure sign of an insane mind...or a diseased mind depending on what book you choose to quote from - i choose to go with insane ^_-

I think 5 exclamation marks was regarded as underpants on the head territory. And since he stuck six behind "queen" we may be in trouble.

And, Dee - i wanna flying castle too! Can i get a flying castle? Please? *flutters eyelids and clasps hands together in manner of cute child, while secretly hiding a dagger about her person in case the answer she gets is wrong*

I need a cabal of evil if I plan to challenge the other evil overlords so why not? The plans are all yours. Of course you'll be serving as my "trusted lieutenant" so it's understood you'll betray me in an attempt to seize power for yourself first chance you get. Can we delay this until we defeat Rezo though?

Kriedmar, want a job as a henchman, or do you plan to seize power for yourself as well?

[hr]

- H. L. Mencken
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:27 pm

I think 5 exclamation marks was regarded as underpants on the head territory. And since he stuck six behind "queen" we may be in trouble.

You should be grateful - at least you don't have to share a house with the guy ^_-

I need a cabal of evil if I plan to challenge the other evil overlords so why not? The plans are all yours. Of course you'll be serving as my "trusted lieutenant" so it's understood you'll betray me in an attempt to seize power for yourself first chance you get. Can we delay this until we defeat Rezo though?

I think a short period of working together for mutual benefit can be arranged - at least until i've finalized my plans to overthrow you...

Kriedmar, want a job as a henchman, or do you plan to seize power for yourself as well?

I think he'd make a perfect henchman - let's see if he'll jump off a bridge if we order him to, hehehehe ^_^
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:45 pm

[s]Thalia wrote on 13:27, 27th Nov 2003:
You should be grateful - at least you don't have to share a house with the guy ^_-

Heh!

I think a short period of working together for mutual benefit can be arranged - at least until i've finalized my plans to overthrow you...

That seems reasonable. I will of course disclose the location of the castle's big red self destruct button during that period.

I think he'd make a perfect henchman - let's see if he'll jump off a bridge if we order him to, hehehehe ^_^

Goody! We can give him a red uniform, unless you prefer Storm Trooper chic.

[hr]

- H. L. Mencken
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:53 pm

Goody! We can give him a red uniform, unless you prefer Storm Trooper chic.

I was thinking that pink would be more his colour really... ^_-
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Kriedmar on Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:34 pm

[s]Thalia wrote on 16:53, 28th Nov 2003:
[i]Goody! We can give him a red uniform, unless you prefer Storm Trooper chic.

I was thinking that pink would be more his colour really... ^_-
[/i]

Do i get a fairy wand that is secretly a destruco-ray? Or perhaps a killer monkey i can send after my enemies, "Fly my pretties fly, fly!!!!!!"

No, my dastardly enemy, I shall not be your henchman, I have my own plans for an Air/sea/land squirrel powered vehicle with the capability to launch
vicious genetically modified rats at a speed of 2000mph into the hearts of my enemies!!! MMWWWAAAHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now where are my boxer shorts? my ears are cold.

[hr]
The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
Kriedmar

joining?

Postby lapis lazuli on Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:01 pm

Hi there, sorry to sound ignorant but just wondering what kind of stuff you watch and when you meet, I'd be interested in coming along some time. even though I don't really know what project anime's all about...
[i:30c0hhg5]yacketayakking screaming vomiting whispering facts and memories and anecdotes[/i:30c0hhg5]
lapis lazuli

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:48 pm

We meet every monday in the salad bowl at the top of the union at 8pm ^_^

Right now we're going through the two series of Berserk and Hellsing (typical fighty warrior type thing and cool vampire type thing, if you don't know ^_-)
But we're not all about the blood and violence type anime - i promise ^^;; Last week we showed Dragon-Half and the week before that it was an episode of Utena ^^;;;;;;
I dont know what our third anime is tonight but you may not read this before the meeting anyway so maybe that won't make much difference - but if you do make it then make yourself known - we're actually very friendly despite our malicious plans to overthrow the world with flying castles and squirrel powered vehicles(we need as many allies as we can get!! JOIN US NOW!! ^_^))
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:04 pm

I don't check the message boards for a couple of weeks, and chaos breaks loose. I should do this more often. :P

[hr]samus
--
[s]"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

Re:

Postby Rezo on Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:28 pm

[s]Dee wrote on 11:39, 27th Nov 2003:Violence? Oh you mean the aerial bombing of Rezo, his house, his family, his family's servants, his family's servants' tennis partners, and some chap I bumped into the other day called Francis. Price of progress, or so I'm told, or so I imagine I'm told.

*on the phone to Francis* Watch your back. They know... Get the space hampsters ready. And make sure the maids at Isenguard serve tea with two sugar cubes. Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast. Accordingly the conference with Dusanyu and Ilpalazzo will go ahead as planned.

*readies emergency food supply* First I have to chase Dee down and retrieve the stolen plans.

[hr]
I've always had my suspicions you were no mere mortal. But I never imagined you actually... A cat... Wait! What the hell am I saying?! Where is that idiot?!! - Nicholas D. Wolfwood, Trigun

Nationstates story: http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/ind ... animeondvd
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby Dee on Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:25 am

Damn...I thought I'd killed you Rezo. I knew I should have checked.

Don't come looking for Francis though. He's tied up in my room where I can torture him at my leisure.

The person you talked to was onw of my robots. Actually I probably shouldn't be telling you all this, but my plan is infallible...infallible I tell you.

Now if I can just find out where you've been hiding all this time....
Dee

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:49 am

Ah, I see that the kiddies Dee and Rezo are discussing ways of wiping each other out! Ho, Hum!
Dee, if you want to destroy Rezo, you'd need a somewhat more personal way of doing it. That way, you can see for yourself that the dirty deed is done! Also, with bombs or airstrikes, you should really be in charge of it. If you hire someone else to do the job, they might miss or tip him off!

Now, I do remember saying to some others in the society that the best way of dealing with Rezo is to have him tied up in a room where either the society President or VP resides and subject him to continual doses of dubbed anime (Rezo hates dubbed stuff!), especially if it's Pokemon-ish or hentai!! Hee Hee!

Oh well, luckily I'm somewhere where no one can get at me (in Japan!)

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Kriedmar on Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:47 pm

Really Dee, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself, I'm sure you've seen enough evil Dictators say it to have caught on by now!

If you really want to kill him though, tie him up and make him watch Utena, dubbed, all of it! I know it would kill me, even subbed it would kill me!

[hr]The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
Kriedmar

Re:

Postby Rezo on Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:32 pm

Really Porkov, you of all people should know that the only way to kill me is in a Warsoc session with Per as the Games Master.

Anyway, how are things in Japan? I trust you have fully overgorged yourself with anime and manga goodies?

(Rezo hates dubbed stuff!), especially if it's Pokemon-ish or hentai!! Hee Hee!

wait a minute, are you sure you're not mistaking me for Thomas? He's the one with the death-threat on anything cute, cuddly and yellow. Although its true I dislike most things dubbed (to be fair, entirely due to quality issues), I do seem to remember being partial towards the BubbleGum Crisis 2040, Princess Mononoke, Laputa and El Hazard dubs, not to mention being avidly in favour of the Mysterious Cities of Gold one.

But the rest... ack, my ears! Trigun dub, Spirited Away dub... the endless list... I can't take it anymore! *goes into a Dilandu-like raving mad state for a few minutes*

[hr]
I've always had my suspicions you were no mere mortal. But I never imagined you actually... A cat... Wait! What the hell am I saying?! Where is that idiot?!! - Nicholas D. Wolfwood, Trigun

My Nationstates story (I'm The dot Hackers): http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/ind ... animeondvd
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:33 am

Well, the flight wasn't too bad, although I spent about 40 minutes in the Immigration queue at Narita airport, due to new Immigration controls.
In Tsukuba, where I'm staying is just across the road from a cluster of electronics/electrical stores called Ishimaru World. I've got a couple of manga (Pita Ten 1 and Oh My Goddess 27) in Japanese and a couple of pre-owned anime DVDs (Urusei Yatsura TV DVD 2 and .hack//Sign DVD 1).
Anime DVDs in Japan are more expensive than the UK releases. Normal price of a new anime DVD in Japan is about 5,800-6,800 Yen before 5% sales tax and then, you only get 2-3 episodes per DVD. So, it can get quite expensive.
I also got a Japanese PS2 pre-owned, memory card and Final Fantasy X-2 pre-owned for about 21,000-22,000 Yen.
The weather's been dry so far but cold, although rain is forecast for next Friday.

Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:50 am

[s]General Porkov wrote on 05:49, 23rd Jan 2004:
Ah, I see that the kiddies Dee and Rezo are discussing ways of wiping each other out! Ho, Hum!
Dee, if you want to destroy Rezo, you'd need a somewhat more personal way of doing it. That way, you can see for yourself that the dirty deed is done!

You're right Porkov. Fotunately I have the perfect plan in mind. All I need to do is lure him into the secret inner sanctum of my flying castle. Of course this is also the location of the big red self-destruct button, but this will of course be the ideal bait to lure him into my trap.

Obviously I will challenge him to one-to-one combat rather than have some clumsy stormtroopers dispatch him.

Oh yes, I see it all now. Hark, is that the Imperial Stormtrooper March I hear playing in the background?

[hr]
"Twenty-five years later, I dynamited Disneyland to rubble...but even in prison, I still see Goofy everywhere."

- "The Parking Lot is Full"
Dee

Previous

Return to Project Anime